Towels?

Or you could you a regular towel that is fitting as far as size. It would last longer, and mean less stress...and in the long run, work.
Either way works, but one requires less attention.

Thanks,
Jake

hm, My cage has a board under it that came with it, but maybe I want to put a towel under it so I feel like a pro lol :p

Just because it has a solid bottom does not mean it is not going to flood on to the floor. At this stage you have a small chameleon that requires very little water to sustain his/her hydration. When he/she gets older you will have to have some sort of plan of attack to deal with the excess water. If you do not like the towel or something do not use it. There are other ways to deal with it. While people have different ways of doing things most address the same problems. Simply not misting enough because you do not want to find a way to deal with it will result in a dead chameleon. Misting enough without doing something about it will result in rotten furniture, carpet, drywall....etc.... Finding ways to meet the requirements of your animal in a manner you can handle makes them enjoyable pets.

Keep in mind that someone doing something you do not like does not mean they can not have a valuable contribution to something. You may not like the way this person set-up their cage or deals with supplementation. Then again maybe they have a good drainage system or lighting arrangement.

I dont have drainage and use substrate that is wrapped in weed blocker. So I put an extra layer of Shop Towels (those thick blue ones) on top of the substrate sandwich. They absorb most the water, and what gets through gets absorbed by the substrate. By the end of the day the towels are soaked, but by morning they are all dried out. i change em once a week.

Some people do the towel thing so that if their cham takes a tumble from a misstep they hurt a little less than hitting a solid bottom.

Back
Top Bottom