To all guitar players...

cushcameleon

I am HUGE on the indie scene, so I play around in that area. I am also into the semi popular rock artists, like Jack Johnson, mainly because songs like his are easy to sing to while playing and lots of people recognize his music. Right now I am learning how to fingertap, which is a major challenge. I have been practicing the song drifting (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ddn4MGaS3N4) from sundown to sunup and it's coming along (very slowly :p). What are your top three favorite songs/styles to play?

thanks for sharing that man. I dont play guitar (much to my dad's dismay) but I really enjoyed that style. I love mellow easy listening music. Watched like 8 andy mckee videos. this was my favorite.

Fingertapping. Fun stuff, man!

I've been playing guitar and bass guitar for as long as i can remember (I'm 22), but I tend to stick more to hard rock, classic rock and hardcore. I learned mostly on Metallica, Pantera and Avenged Sevenfold, and I would have to say that Metalica and Pantera's music is my favorite to play.

Looks (and sounds) like you're coming along nicely! Unfortunately I don't listen to that genre at all, so I can't give you any tips, there.

But seriously, keep up the good work. It's totally worth it.

I got a spanish classic guitar myself. I got it in February this year, played a lot for 3months, learned notes and chords but recently i don't have the time anymore. So i suck hehe. I was saving some money to go electric, i'm more of hard rock and metal music.

Andy McKee is a great guitar player!!!! At the moment I am into composing my own songs. I started off learning Metallica, Anthrax, Megadeth, etc etc. It really helps when wanting to learn different styles to learn others songs but its much more fulfilling for me to write my own music now.

I love to play guitar and will play any style even country but I hate the singing. I play mostly electric with styles ranging from many genres of metal. Death, black, melodic, and thrash metal are my main styles. I also like to play around on my classical but am not by any means very good but its fun.

Hard work and dedication will get you very far when playing guitar. One thing I cant stand is when someone says they want to play will you teach me:confused: You can be shown patterns, chords etc but in the long run its up to only one person. YOU!

Here are some of the bands I have been a part of. Warning!!! Heavy ass metal!!!!! I do most of the leads and solos for all the songs(if you can make it to them:p)

www.myspace.com/revilementmetal
www.myspace.com/afalsehopemd
www.myspace.com/afterthesuncrashestheband (most easiest to listen to, only did a track for Alone Again:rolleyes:)
www.myspace.com/cainsinferno (I never update this but here it has 2 songs on it)

Thats it for now;)

LOL wow. I didn't know they still toured. It's not like I follow them. But yeah they are one of my favorite heavy metal groups. They were really only popular in the mid 90s.

The best song ever http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=riIqBIYK6Z4 The lyrics are a little disturbing and "adult" so lets put an age warning on that link.

That dude has got the most bada$$ voice ever. I also like how in most of their songs they build up then mellow out then build up again. The ending with the babbling brook was just a stroke of genius.

edit: I'm also really surprised the drummer didn't get more kudos. Some of the most complex beats there are.

Yeah, my musical tastes have shifted over the years. Initially I liked anything with raw emotion (didn't have to contain technically gited musicians). The Misfits, Rancid, The Ramones, Stiff Little Fingers, Black Flag, Cannibal Corpse, Type-0, NIN...list goes on.

Now that I'm older I appreciated music with increased complexity and technical difficulty, like jazz/bluegrass/jamband (bela fleck and the flecktones), and rock (buckethead, paul gilbert, and other mostly solo guitarists).

When I used to play (from 8-14) I really liked the oldies stuff. (Eagles, etc)..

Now I can't play for crap because my fingers refuse to move the way I want them too. Ahh, the life of a goalie. Breaking fingers and smashing hands. *sigh*

Wish I could get back into playing but I just don't have the patience anymore.

I like to play alot of Metal and classic rock. Metallica is fun, but my two favorite songs to play are Thunderstruck (because it's fun) and Iron Man (because I like to add my style to it!)

Back
Top Bottom