Tiny panther baby "Girl" (??)

Dez

Chamalot Chameleons
This is the first chameleon I ever got thro the mail.. off kingsnake.

The Ad was for panthers 2 and a half month old. I asked for a female ambilobe.

When She came was much smaller than I expected!

"she" is so so tiny Im not sure she is really 2.5 months old.. Im thinking 2.5 weeks! But she eats fruit flys like a pig so Im sure she will grow fast

Im really hoping she grows up to be female. What do you think? I thought it was impossible to tell when they are so young

babe.jpg

babe4.jpg

babe3.jpg

I would say that little dude is 1.5 months old. Good luck, im sure youll do fine. Keep it well fed (always have food available) and make sure you keep it well hydrated.

I love the last pic. She said she got her on Kingsnake.com, Im assumin gint he classified section. Thats where I was looking yesterday to get an idea of pricing, but like I asked before, is it trustworthy? She is a cutie though!!!

Remember one thing-buy from someone you know has a decent reputation. No one should be selling Panthers that are that tiny.

Which seller on Kingsnake...

Last edited:
I would say that little dude is 1.5 months old. Good luck, im sure youll do fine. Keep it well fed (always have food available) and make sure you keep it well hydrated.

I would agree with Nic. Probably around 1.5 months. They all grow at different rates but she is quite small.

Im sure we are all waiting to see a certain name pop up here:rolleyes:

I usually always wait for reptile shows to get my chameleons. I like to be able to physical see what I'm buying before I buy it.

She came from Precision Reptile Labs in Florida. Actually from this ad:

I was really weary about 'ordering' one that would come thro the mail. But I read about how they packed them and overnight-ed them and I decided I'd give it a shot.

I will however never do that again! Not ony was she way smalled that I expected, but there was a problem with the shipment and this little gem was in the box longer than I would have liked. Thankfully she was ok! But it will be reptile shows for my for now on

She has been eating fruit flys and baby crickets. Lucky for me I just had a bunch of crickets hatch so I got a good supply of small food for her.

Last edited by a moderator:
I usually always wait for reptile shows to get my chameleons. I like to be able to physical see what I'm buying before I buy it.

She came from Precision Reptile Labs in Florida. Actually from this ad:

I was really weary about 'ordering' one that would come thro the mail. But I read about how they packed them and overnight-ed them and I decided I'd give it a shot.

I will however never do that again! Not ony was she way smalled that I expected, but there was a problem with the shipment and this little gem was in the box longer than I would have liked. Thankfully she was ok! But it will be reptile shows for my for now on

She has been eating fruit flys and baby crickets. Lucky for me I just had a bunch of crickets hatch so I got a good supply of small food for her.

I cannot vouch for the precision reptiles as I have never done any business with them.

However, you should not close the possibility of shipping chameleon via mail as long as you are dealing with respectable breeders (flchams, screameleons, kammerflage, and among others).
I have done it many times and always been happy with the purchase.

as far as your chameleon goes, I agree.. it seems like it is younger than 2.5 mo.

Last edited:
I cannot vouch for the precision reptiles as I have never done any business with them.

However, you should not close the possibility of shipping chameleon via mail as long as you are dealing with respectable breeders (flchams, screameleons, kammerflage, and among others).
I have done it many times and always been happy with the purchase.

as far as your chameleon goes, I agree.. it seems like it is younger than 2.5 mo.

I second Dodlah. Without saying anything mean toward any buisness...most are very reputable and shipping is actually fine and not too stressful at all. It is very important to do research before you order animal... faunaclassifieds BOI is perfect for that very thing. If you would have gone there I would almost bet money you wouldn't have ordered...Is that nice enough??...because that is about as good as I can get it :) But IMHO I think that little fellow was too young to be shipped. But either way she/he is alive and kickin so work your magic and keep the pics coming!! :)

lol everyone that posted before me is more experienced, but doesn't that bump at the base of the tail insinuate its a male?

I hate having things shipped IF FedEx does it.. i swear they are the laziest company EVER!!!! We had turtles shipped 3 years ago from Florida when we lived in NC.. babies (technically not legal), overnight.. it was January and freezing out.. and guess what.. He left them on our doorstep.. NO ringing the bell, no knocking.. I lucked out by seeing the tailend of the truck leaving..and the box was upside down..even though it had this side up and LIVE animals all over it.. Same with some saltwater cleaup crew we ordered 2 weeks ago from drsfosterandsmith ..Fedex delivered it and didnt do anything.. We would have known because we were home and we have dogs that go nuts when the doorbell is rang or someone knocks..(heck my youngest dane imagines hearing it and goes nuts when it didnt even happen!)..so we lost half our cleanup crew because they sat outside during an icestorm for an hour... Sorry, I know that that wasnt what the topic was but I would shy away from every ordering a cham that cost 200+ if Fedex was the carrier..JMO. Oh, and she's a cutie though! I think I said that but just trying to get back on topic. :)

i have learned to deal with fedex. if i am ex[ecting anything alive, crickets, etc i put a huge note on my door to please put the package inside the door. they won'y ring the bell but will open the door- so far it has worked. but i live in a small town where i can do that sort of thing. my dogs always let me know when the door is opened:):):)

Back
Top Bottom