Thoughts on new enclosure?

Ares05

Chameleon Enthusiast
I just got a second clear fecal on Amaro, and hes officially coccidia free! I setup his new enclosure last night. Honestly I am no plant whiz I so I just grabbed some things I thought were safe. Still learning, lol.

So in the enclosure I have some Purple Dracaena, philodendron bipinnatifidum..though I am honestly starting to doubt what it actually is , 2 bromeliads ( in bloom) , and of course some pothos. I bought these about 3-4 weeks ago, and put the ones that were doing the best in the cage. I bought two philodendrons and two dracaenas... picked the best ones.

Wood lattice on the sides to secure plants higher up and to secure branches without poking more holes in the cage than I already have.

I didnt see the philodendron on the safe list... in the store it was labeled as a cut leaf philodendron( I dont think thats what it is), so I got it. asked @GoodKarma19 if it was safe and she said as long as he isnt stripping leaves, it should be fine. So ill just roll with it, I trust ya'll! If he starts taking a liking to it, ill remove and replace it with something else.

I was reading that dracaena tolerates low light, so that one went sort of in the back, put the philodendron more in the light, pothos up top near the basking spot and the bromeliads where ever they would fit.

I plan on adding some more lower branches tonight. He's already loving his new enclosure. What do you guys think?

IMG_2951.JPG

I just got a second clear fecal on Amaro, and hes officially coccidia free! I setup his new enclosure last night. Honestly I am no plant whiz I so I just grabbed some things I thought were safe. Still learning, lol.

So in the enclosure I have some Purple Dracaena, philodendron bipinnatifidum..though I am honestly starting to doubt what it actually is , 2 bromeliads ( in bloom) , and of course some pothos. I bought these about 3-4 weeks ago, and put the ones that were doing the best in the cage. I bought two philodendrons and two dracaenas... picked the best ones.

Wood lattice on the sides to secure plants higher up and to secure branches without poking more holes in the cage than I already have.

I didnt see the philodendron on the safe list... in the store it was labeled as a cut leaf philodendron( I dont think thats what it is), so I got it. asked @GoodKarma19 if it was safe and she said as long as he isnt stripping leaves, it should be fine. So ill just roll with it, I trust ya'll! If he starts taking a liking to it, ill remove and replace it with something else.

I was reading that dracaena tolerates low light, so that one went sort of in the back, put the philodendron more in the light, pothos up top near the basking spot and the bromeliads where ever they would fit.

I plan on adding some more lower branches tonight. He's already loving his new enclosure. What do you guys think?

View attachment 257441

Yay! So glad your boy is all clear!! :D

And looking good! I'd add some more horizontal branches up toward the top, but otherwise looking pretty snazzy! :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom