Thought I found grapevine.

jacksonchamnew

Avid Member
Was all happy to add branches to cage, but this is sumac. Mobile, Alabama USA We have muscadine here.

Attachments

• sumac.jpg
    sumac.jpg
    139.9 KB · Views: 96
See it's not just me people lol. Why is it so hard to find chameleon safe tree branches. One sec I 'll post the chameleon safe plant link
I didn't really look for cham safe branches. All I did was go outside and clean them really well. I know some people bake them as well. My biggest concern was that they didn't flake and allow anything to get in Gatsby's eyes(s).

I didn't really look for cham safe branches. All I did was go outside and clean them really well. I know some people bake them as well. My biggest concern was that they didn't flake and allow anything to get in Gatsby's eyes(s).
See that's kind of what I did after I couldnt find branches that were safe . Then I accidently put elderberry branches in my chams enclousure ?

Isnt the main concern from branches is leaching sap when warmed, also releasing aromatics? Some trees for instance pine as previously mentioned give up the sap easy when warmed,, you can bake the sap out by cooking in oven.
Cedar wood repels insects somehow i believe, or at least moths, cedar coat hangers are top notch.

Idk about sumac but isn't it only the leaves that are poisonous on poison ivy?
Poison Ivy's irritant comes from its sap, so it's systemic—the whole plant is poisonous.
Never burn it to get rid of it; the poison can be dispersed & inhaled in the smoke.
You really don't want that stuff in your lungs! :oops:

Not all sumacs are poisonous (as not all ivies or oaks are). Poison Sumac (a.k.a. thunderwood)

reptile safe woods

Back
Top Bottom