The Pink Panther's Care

Glittergloomgirl

Hi all,

I was wondering if these is a secret to keeping pink panthers? I will be getting some in 3-4 months and I want to be perpared!

I have read that they are harder to keep. I was wondering what type of care they need and is it different from regular panthers.

How much vitamins and calcium do they get? Lighting, humidity, specific dietary requirements....

Thanks...

Id lkie to hear some more on this topic of anyone has something to say. I got a nice male last month and would like to give the best conditions.

There isn't such thing as a Regular panther. They are all the same species, just somewhat distinct pheontypes comging from different areas that usually have a geographic division segregating the populations- which over time produces distinctions. This happens very often with fish, except since fish breed at a much higher scale, it happens more rpidly, and the divisions become new species and subspecies.

East coast is a bit less humid. It rains far less and is more arid. The general vertical line of Madagascar has plenty of higher plateaus that block the storms and rain that come from the East side of Magascar.

There should be little difference compared to Ambanja, or Ambilobe, or other panthers from near by areas. I think most of the difficulties reported with this locale was to do with the incubation of eggs, and not directly the adult husbandry.

Back
Top Bottom