The Odyssey of Paiso (peach)

ijmccollum

…and the case of the missing eggs…

Okay, my little Paiso girl is maturing. Her guestimated age is at about 1 year. This is based on her being a couple months old when I received her October 2 of last year (2010). I believe she is from the son of El Lobo – Ryan would be the one to confirm this.

Any-whose, I let her take over Chi-Chi’s viv since I couldn’t stand the sight of it empty – she is quite content in there, and yes, it is a planted 18x18x36 Exoterra. She appears quite healthy. Her diet consists of gut loaded crix (Ca+D3), supers, horns, butters, and silk worms, and she is misted X2 daily. Temp ranges from 85 to ambient, with 60w bulb and 5.0 linear UVB. Current BW is 65g. She is virgin, never mated.

She has been known to do a little excavating in the viv but not the sand box that is available to her ad-lib. Last Th night when I went to mist I noticed her colour was a charcoal grey and she did not want to be messed with. I left her for the night thinking I would put her in the laying bin the following morning. The bin is stored in the shower downstairs in the mud room. It is a large plastic tub 2ft high and filled with coco fiber (20%) with the rest being play sand to a depth of ~1ft.

The next morning she was up in the branches, still grey. I misted her, visited the loo, and by the time I returned she was on the bottom burrowing. She did not want to be disturbed, even hissed at me. I recalled reading multiple times on the forum that once they have descended they should not be disturbed, so I left her. Later, returning from work in the pm, she was back up in her branches looking peachy-pink as she always is. Her sandbox had been heavily excavated. I thought great! She lain in the box and I will ck it after she has rested.

The next morning she looked grey again and I thought WTH. As soon as I turned on the lights, finished misting, she descended to the bottom again. She spent another day at the sand box. And again by the time I returned she was up on the branch ‘sunning’ in her regular colours. I transferred her to the laying bin so I could check the sandbox and viv. No eggs were found. I decided to leave her in the laying bin.

She spent the following day digging in the bin in her charcoal dress. Her weight before going in was at 69g, coming out she was 65g. Since she looked slimmer, I thought certainly she had lain. When I checked the bin I could find no eggs. I went all the way to the bottom at 0.25” at a time.
I am a little freaked at this point and thought a trip to the vet was in order.

Abdominal palps did not indicate presence of eggs and the xray doesn’t show eggs that I or the vet can discern. Bone density appears fine.

So where are the eggs!?! She just messing with me? Inquiring minds.

Attachments

• Xray.jpg
    Xray.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 74
Back
Top Bottom