The green banana is peeling 🍌💚

pascal2023

Avid Member
Funny we were talking about shedding, noticed she’s shedding today! The green banana is peeling 😂 been a couple hours and hasn’t been a whole lot of progress, this is the second time she’s shed since I got her (she was finishing her molt the day I got her so not sure what the right time to wait is, I’d never pick at it or peel it for her) but are there any problems I should look out for ? 🍌

Attachments

• B71CF653-4016-43AF-8570-FA4E3141DC69.jpeg
    B71CF653-4016-43AF-8570-FA4E3141DC69.jpeg
    201.8 KB · Views: 50
I would not handle her while she is shedding. This can be a particularly uncomfortable time for them. Where they need to just be in their cage to rub on branches and to keep their body heat regulated as they need it. It is very rare to see issues with shedding and you should not assist in pulling any shed off of her.

I would not handle her while she is shedding. This can be a particularly uncomfortable time for them. Where they need to just be in their cage to rub on branches and to keep their body heat regulated as they need it. It is very rare to see issues with shedding and you should not assist in pulling any shed off of her.
I only took her out for a moment to clean her enclosure and realised she was shedding then I left her too it, she had only been handled for a moment

The only thing i have read about is stuck shed at the tip of the tail or joints, knees and ankles can act like a rubber band and cut off circulation causing nacopsy oR death of that area or the area ir leads to. Simply rubbing one area of the stuck shed to break the rubber band to rekease pressure will allow it to come off ok. The only time i assist is wirh the eyes by blowing gently so my cham doesnt gouge his eyes by rubbing on a branch.

Young chams handle molting well but the oldwr they get the more grumpy they get. Also may reduce eating at that time with full grown chams. My human kids did thw same thing wirh growth spurts.

Back
Top Bottom