The colder nights ❄️🥶

pascal2023

Avid Member
So it’s rarely warm in the UK as it is but after September time is so cold at night into early mornings (even thought she’s kept indoors 24/7 it’s still cold in the house) I’ve been covering her cage with a blanket, is there anything else I could do ?
It’s not heavy material but light enough so that she can obviously breathe, feel like it’s not enough 🥺

covering with a blanket can create a fire hazard with lights - be sure that they are off and cool - with no chance of being turned on while covered.

What are your indoor temperatures? I see in London it seems to be ranging between 44-55 degrees F right now. What is more important is what the temperature is in her enclosure. There's a husbandry review form on here that, if you fill out, will help people give better advice. She will do fine with indoor overnight temps in the 50s (even dips into the 40s), but during the day, she will need adequate temps to bask and digest her food - assuming we are talking about a Veiled Chameleon (and not a species that goes into winter brumation).

Back
Top Bottom