Thank you

lyndra

Hi everyone,
a 4 months old veiled recently joined our "zoo". With all the wonderful information we've been getting here as well as from raisingkittytheveiledchameleon, chamworld and his breeder we hope we're providing everything Tristan needs for a healthy, happy and long life.
We are pretty new to chameleons. We lost our first one, a beautiful panther in September on the way to the emergency clinic.

This is Tristan our new little veiled. My daughter named him after one of the main characters in the book "Stardust". We have had Tristan for almost four weeks now and are totally in love with him. So far he has been living in a 12x18x20 all screen enclosure. However we think he's ready to be moved to his larger (12x24x24) new "house" this weekend. I'm hoping for suggestions regarding an intermediate size between the new enclosure and his adult cage which is 24x24x48. Would a 24x24x36 be a good step to gradually transfer him to the big enclosure? We have a reptile show coming up this month and I would like to get another enclosure there.:rolleyes:

Attachments

• DSC0079[1].jpg
    DSC0079[1].jpg
    177.2 KB · Views: 177
  • DSC0081[1].jpg
    DSC0081[1].jpg
    140.2 KB · Views: 195
  • DSC0065[1].jpg
    DSC0065[1].jpg
    154.4 KB · Views: 147
don't see spurs. but might be a girl .. dunno.

ALSO depending on size and what not might be easier to go for the 2'x2'x4' enclosure.

he/she is looking great.

*also i am a fellow NATIVE zoni..

aslo DR funk in mesa.. country club and i think baseline.. is an excellent herp vet out here.

Unless you want to collect a bunch of cages ... I don't think you need another one.
I moved Kitty from the 12x18x20 into an adult size enclosure at about 5 months old.
He looks great!

-Brad

Tristan is a boy, but I agree the spurs aren't visible on the picture.
Before getting him I contacted Dr. Kevin Wright at the AEAH. He is supposed to be excellent too, and he was able to give me the names of two reptile vets at the emergency clinic in Gilbert. None of the places in our area know what to do with a chameleon.
I really do not want to collect enclosures at all unless it's to our cham's benefit. I'm glad to hear I don't need to buy another size then.
Can anyone recommend a good cleaner for the enclosure? Right now I'm using an all natural product by Seventh Generation for every day cleaning and Basic "G" by Shaklee for heavy duty disinfecting once a month.
The other thing I'm looking for is a great commercial gut load for the crickets. We've been making our own based on the adcham recipe, but I would like to offer a variety. Some people seem to use cricketfood.com, but that web site doesn't really get me anywhere. I guess that's it for now, but I'm sure I'll have a lot more questions down the road...:eek::eek::eek:

Best thing for cleaning.

bleach water down solution, WITH ALOT OF RINSING... sun dry...

and SUPER heat steam clean.. i believe its the only way to kill the parasite coccidia oocysts.

Hi Lyndra,
There are a few of us Zoni's on this sight now! Pretty Cool! Which Vets are you thinking about visiting in Gilbert? Dr. Driggers?
Welcome!

It's the same with the "Basic G" cleaner. You have to rinse, rinse, rinse and then rinse some more. I love the idea with the steam cleaner. I have to check if mine still works or if our hard water has killed it.
Regarding the vet, I'm looking at Dr. Wright at the Arizona Exotic Animal Hospital in Mesa, but I will keep all recommendations in mind. The only emergency clinic I know of that will treat chameleons is the one on Juniper in Gilbert.
When I'm done setting up Tristan's new enclosure I will post pictures to find out if I need to change anything.

Back
Top Bottom