Tail bite or injury to baby!

chamer

One of my favorite little babies now has a dark end to his tail! I think it may have be a bite from one of the others since I saw one do this a week or so ago but was there and made him let go. (Yes I did feed some baby silk worms for a while when waiting for crickets).. I feel so bad is there anything I can do to help him? He has been acting a lot more timid then normal and drinking but have not seen him eat much. Can the tail cause an infection? It doesnt appear to be open wound just turning black. Panther babies about 2 months old. I will try and get a picture but can only post it to my profile, cant figure how to do it to a thread sorry.

is it the baby male i have ordered from you? i have noticed strange ocasions were my female veiled will have almost "pen" markings on her tail or back, some of the more recent times she has decided to come out but a light touch sets all the scales green again... it had me very worried as you can imagine and once it started going away i was even more confused... she seems to still be in a happy mood, (as happy as a free range female veiled can be) so i can only asume she is just testing out colors.

it could be just that unless you have noticed decreased use of the tail and/ or an open lesion.

there was a technique id feel safe using on birds by getting some q-tips and washing out the cut with hydrogen peroxide then putting a bit of neosporin over the cut... from what i understood this also saved a few frogs who seemed to have contracted a skin fungus at the pet shop i work at... so if its serious enough its worth a shot.

hopefully i gave you some ideas :/

If you have made it this far without a tail nip on a panther you are lucky! I raised Veileds with never a tail nip-but Panthers are famous for it! Even if you only house 2 together! If it is just dark with no blood or open wound-it will heal just fine. If it is just a tiny piece of the end of the tail, it won't even be noticeable as an adult except for maybe a slight rounding.

Back
Top Bottom