Swollen tail?

nikoniko

Hi everyone! So my panther cham is almost a year old now. I originally thought his tail was just growing, after some research, I think his anus/tail is swollen. Would appreciate it if anyone could tell me if it is and what I should do!
!
IMG_1883.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_1888.jpg
    IMG_1888.jpg
    205 KB · Views: 177
  • IMG_2584.JPG
    IMG_2584.JPG
    413.3 KB · Views: 94
  • IMG_1869.jpg
    IMG_1869.jpg
    168.9 KB · Views: 139
From what I've just read, chameleons don't store fat in their tails like some other lizards, so it's possible he's just well-endowed(?) or something else going on. The redness around his cloaca is concerning though—possible sperm plugs?

Is he defecating normally? (e.g. difficulty, straining)

I agree this may be an issue for a good herp vet—at least this time until you know for sure what you're dealing with.

From what I've just read, chameleons don't store fat in their tails like some other lizards, so it's possible he's just well-endowed(?) or something else going on. The redness around his cloaca is concerning though—possible sperm plugs?

Is he defecating normally? (e.g. difficulty, straining)

I agree this may be an issue for a good herp vet—at least this time until you know for sure what you're dealing with.
He has been defecating normally and only strains when he had a full meal and a treat. He has also been passing his sperm plugs without any trouble, I want to take him to the vet but unfortunately do not have the funds right now but I'm saving. Thank you for the feed back though!

Back
Top Bottom