Surprises!

I bought this one as a Female Ambanja about 3 months ago and I started to notice it wasn't a female or an ambanja after all...

It seems to me that I got my hands on a very nice Maroantsetra Male...

Here he is at about 5 months old! :D

Attachments

• Maro Juvi.JPG
    Maro Juvi.JPG
    139.5 KB · Views: 176
nice Maroantsetra! I'd say that someone messed up in the locale department for sure. Where abouts did u get him. Here in Ontario?

1.2 Ambanja, 1.3 Nosy Be, 2.5 Veileds and about 750 eggs

I'm pretty positive it's a Maroantsetra. Thanks for the compliment :)

Very nice looking guy i would just be careful calling him a maroantsetra without knowing 100% sure especially if you plan on breeding. This is exactly how locals get cross bred with others. If you plan on breeding and selling the babys, i would be careful labeling them as provens maroantsetras unless you were to gather accurate sire/dam info from the breeder.

Very nice looking guy i would just be careful calling him a maroantsetra without knowing 100% sure especially if you plan on breeding. This is exactly how locals get cross bred with others. If you plan on breeding and selling the babys, i would be careful labeling them as provens maroantsetras unless you were to gather accurate sire/dam info from the breeder.

Well it definitely isn't Ambanja, so it's obviously Maroantsetra. She breeds both.

Chameleontario...do you have any pics of its resting colors (not sleeping, just not fired up). It does look like a Maroansetra to me, but resting pics could verify. Also, I am in the market for a couple female Maroansetras, who was the breeder if you don't mind me asking (was it Connie?), you can PM it to me if you want. Also I think it needs a little treatment on its lip.

-chris

Chameleontario...do you have any pics of its resting colors (not sleeping, just not fired up). It does look like a Maroansetra to me, but resting pics could verify. Also, I am in the market for a couple female Maroansetras, who was the breeder if you don't mind me asking (was it Connie?), you can PM it to me if you want. Also I think it needs a little treatment on its lip.

-chris

Here is a picture of his resting colour. I'm very surprised at the amount of colour he's got at 5 months old :)

Also, the dark flake you see on his lip was a piece of shed that didn't come off. After I took the picture, I noticed and peeled it off ;)

Attachments

• Maro Juvi at rest.JPG
    Maro Juvi at rest.JPG
    128.3 KB · Views: 97
Let me tell you a little story... (dates, names and places will not be used)

I was helping set up at a reptile show a few months back when a chameleon breeder happened to walk in with their display. This person accidently dropped the acrylic display with all the various locales of baby pardalis inside. Each particular baby had their own properly labeled compartment within this display. The lid popped open and the babies escaped. Cute little dickens running amock on the floor. All in all the babies were rescued safely and deposited back into the display and the day continued. Considering all baby Panthers look the same at 8-12 weeks of age, I've always wondered if the right baby was placed in the right labeled spot.

Trace

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom