Supposed to be a 6-7 months old male Ambanja

raydeon

Got it from a local breeder in the SF bay area for three benjamins. Supposed to be a male Ambanja from a June 2022 clutch. But its size doesn't seem right, it looks like a 3-4 months old more than a 6-7 months old.

When asked, the seller ensured me that it hatched late, it will have its growth spike in Feb and just be patient.

the age isn't something I'd really care but I do want to have a male Ambanja. Did I get scammed?? Thank you.
PXL_20230129_011208900.jpg
PXL_20230129_011618795.jpg
PXL_20230129_011343946.jpg
PXL_20230129_011322635.jpg
PXL_20230128_081122357.jpg

I think you have a female as well. How long have you had her is she eating well? She is awfully small to be 6-7 months old.

Sex identification is an interesting topic lol. I've got a handful of very reputable breeders on Facebook saying they're 100% sure that he's a male judging by the tail base and patterns. We will find out for sure in a couple of months! Worst scenario I got scammed 😆

Here's the problem with panther clutches. They don't all hatch the same day or even week sometimes. The first out really get off to a better start and if you house them in groups they hold their lead and remain dominant. The rest can end up looking a lot younger due to competition and possibly some prenatal factors I suspect. They all get lumped in with the same hatch day as they all look so alike.

I'm saying female but I'm not a panther breeder. The runts or late bloomers can fool you. I hope the fb folks are right and you got what you paid for. That's a pretty skinny tail but if I squint and tilt my head to the right I can kind of see a whisper of a bulge but it's not what I would expect to see by 6 months of age or even 4.

Back
Top Bottom