Supplement with D3 in mean time?

NEXiiS

I saved a Cham from Pet Smart and learning as I go. They only sell Calcium with D3 so I have ordered some without but it wont arrive until Saturday. I gave the D3 supp Monday but should I provide him with another dose on Thursday in the meantime until I get the Calcium without D3? I am unsure how long he was in the store and I have only had him for a week or 2.

I saved a Cham from Pet Smart and learning as I go. They only sell Calcium with D3 so I have ordered some without but it wont arrive until Saturday. I gave the D3 supp Monday but should I provide him with another dose on Thursday in the meantime until I get the Calcium without D3? I am unsure how long he was in the store and I have only had him for a week or 2.
What species, how old?

You are fine with D3. It would take 6 weeks of too much D3 before bad things started to happen.

Again, what species and how old. A veiled will be fine with a little excess d3 for a week or two, a Jackson’s will probably develop edema. Similarly, babies will have different requirements from adults. I assume it’s a juvenile, but I’d like to know for sure.

Ok, so I think dusting twice a week with your current calcium should be safe until the replacement arrives. Can you take a pic of your current calcium?

I want to point out that if you are feeding black soldier fly larvae that you do not need to dust with any calcium supplement. They are already high in calcium.

Ok, so I think dusting twice a week with your current calcium should be safe until the replacement arrives. Can you take a pic of your current calcium?

Attachments

• C5F0DD64-1AE9-4215-B273-C05242BB9579.jpeg
    C5F0DD64-1AE9-4215-B273-C05242BB9579.jpeg
    169.8 KB · Views: 53
So 10,000 international units should be safe for twice a week dusting for a week or two. But not long term.

Back
Top Bottom