Supers...Atlast!

jojackson

Finally seeing thousands of tiny superworms, my god they're slow breeders!
I thought the beetles might've been eating them or something, because I saw nothing. A few days ago I made a fresh tub of oats and transferred all the beetles to it.
The old tub of substrate I stuck out on the back porch, media and all. Forgot about it for a few days (got really cold overnight) and when I remembered I assumed if there were any, they were dead from the cold.
But at the last minute I decided to pour the old media into 4 smaller tubs each about 10 litres, and for experiment sake, stick them in my incubator (29c/84f) and see if any were there.
Yesterday, I looked through the tubs and found thosands of tiny worms, obviously just hatched! Yah!
Ambient room temp must've been to cool for them to hatch despite being heated from below (heatcords).
Hopefully I can grow this and the next lot up to full size and start again, Warmer months will be quicker but I may incubate again!

Beetles still going strong nearing two months now. :)

Well done! They are really hard to start off a colony! I tried it myself but only ended up with one 'alien' thing and it freaked me out so much that I put it in the freezer to get rid of it, lol! It might actually have turned into a beetle first too, but I really can't remember - I have tried to blot out the memory!:D

Lol Sigurney Weaver Eat your Heart Out! Aliens 4 Stars Lily ! :D
That would've been the pupae stage lil, Freaky lookin things! :)

Back
Top Bottom