stuck shed help

muffypuff

Hi. I have a 2 year old male veiled chamelon with MBD and tongue paralysis. From when I got him, he had bits of stuck shed on his body and Ive been slowly getting it out using q tips, shed aid (the conditioner you add to water) and occasional baths.

He has recently started a new shed around his face and back. There is a old patch on the back of his casque that refuse to come off which is really concerning me. Its been there for a few months now. Im afraid im not removing the old shed fast enough to help with the new shed.

He recently developed tail rot and had to get his tail amputated. He is still recovering so I have been avoiding baths and only applying water though qtips around other parts of his body.

His humidity is at 40-50%, basking spot is 85-90 degrees, and ambient temperature is 75-80 degrees(measured by digital thermometer and temp gun) and he has a fogger to help keep the humidity around that range.

Is there anything I can do to help?

Attachments

• A222CD99-9D46-4C12-BB00-8B7F5B9351D0.jpeg
    A222CD99-9D46-4C12-BB00-8B7F5B9351D0.jpeg
    251.4 KB · Views: 84
Hi. Thank you for the reply.
I will stop applying water with the q tip.
Should I lower the humidity to help with the shed or should I leave it as is?

Hi. Thank you for the reply.
I will stop applying water with the q tip.
Should I lower the humidity to help with the shed or should I leave it as is?
Your humidity is within the ideal 30-50% range. Making sure that all of your husbandry is well within the ideal standards will certainly also play a big part in proper shedding. If he has areas that have been stuck thru several layers for months, it might be prudent to have your vet remove them.

Back
Top Bottom