Stuck shed around back feet

Sky11

So my male 7 month old panther chameleon started shedding about 4 days ago and he has stuck shed on both of his feet that im afraid could possibly cut off circulation. it doesn't look tight but it is around the entire foot. I've had people on here do a husbandry review before and have said my humidity levels are good. Ive been trying to get it off of him myself using a tweezer and then I switched to a q-tip with some warm water on it but he is still afraid of me and only lets me do it for a few seconds (until he puffs up really big and tries to bite me lol) or just hides from me so I can't get to him. I'm confused on what I'm doing wrong for him to have this much stuck shed. He usually gets it all off in like a day.

You should not be trying to remove it... It may not be released yet and will be painful if you try to pull it away. Adding water to it is a bad idea as well because they are dry shedders so your making it stick more with the water.

take pics and post them of the feet so we can see what is happening.

I couldn’t really do it anyways cause he wouldn’t let me but good to know
43695B00-00AD-4184-AABF-4D52E760CF20.jpeg

You should not be trying to remove it... It may not be released yet and will be painful if you try to pull it away. Adding water to it is a bad idea as well because they are dry shedders so your making it stick more with the water.

take pics and post them of the feet so we can see what is happening.
3718E3A0-49CA-43AB-AFFC-70BA2C5D64CA.jpeg

This ones a better pic where u can see both feet

View attachment 299238
This ones a better pic where u can see both feet
Yeah it is not ready to let go yet... Do not try to peal it off. We do not assist in shedding unless the shed constricts and makes a cuff. Like putting a rubber band around your wrist and reducing blood flow. Normally this happens with the tail tip.

But you need to avoid misting him directly and do not apply any water to the areas.

Yeah it is not ready to let go yet... Do not try to peal it off. We do not assist in shedding unless the shed constricts and makes a cuff. Like putting a rubber band around your wrist and reducing blood flow. Normally this happens with the tail tip.

But you need to avoid misting him directly and do not apply any water to the areas.
ok I don't mist him directly because I use a mistking but he does sleep in a spot overnight where his back and top of his head does get misted. Should I do anything about that?

ok I don't mist him directly because I use a mistking but he does sleep in a spot overnight where his back and top of his head does get misted. Should I do anything about that?
Typically it is not something you would worry about with a mistking. Just if your direct spraying.

Don't force the skin off. It could be extremely painful for him. I recommend trying to up the humidity in his viv. A bit unorthodox, but when my cham is going through a difficult shed I prop a small humidifier w/ distilled water in her viv

Don't force the skin off. It could be extremely painful for him. I recommend trying to up the humidity in his viv. A bit unorthodox, but when my cham is going through a difficult shed I prop a small humidifier w/ distilled water in her viv
They are dry shedders so this wrong information. Keep the correct humidity for them and do not raise it, that makes it more difficult.

Back
Top Bottom