Strange brown spot

Gilz

Hello, I was noticing that my chameleon had this strange brown spot on his back right leg. The spot seams to be a different texture and he doesn't like it when I touch it. He reacts by moving away until my finger isn’t on it anymore. Does anyone know what this is? This is also definitely not his normal pattern.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    189.2 KB · Views: 61
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    162.1 KB · Views: 66
Hi. No idea what that is. It almost looks like a burn, but that is a strange place to get burned. Bruises are usually black. Is it sunken in or raised from the surrounding scales? Hopefully another member will be able to better tell you what it could be.

Maybe its only 1 shed away from a full healed injury? Ive seen bites take 3 sheds to go away.

Another theory, its just a dirty spot. Like thats some dried sap or something.

Its kinda on the wrong side to be a "sore". Those are normally on the "pit" or foot pads.

I can’t say for sure but to me it looks like stuck shed, but could be from a healing wound.
On thing to notice is that you can see wrinkles under it. So it is not deep.
That is a tender spot so even stuck shed could be tender

He just shed and it definitely became lighter. It is definitely not sap because I don’t have him around any plants like that. Thanks for the help everyone just wanted to make sure it wasn’t life threatening ot something like that.

Back
Top Bottom