Still having a hard time getting walter to eat

Breanna

So I am still having a hard time getting walter to eat, I tried cup feeding but he just seems not interested, so i tried putting him in a smaller tub with a vine and put some crickets in with him and he ate only one! thats all he eats is one a day, I have had him since last sunday and he has only eaten about 6 crickets since then, what should I do, is he to little to try some worms or some other bugs???

how old? how big are the feeders? how big is the enclosure? maybe attempt tub feedig multiple times in a day if your cham is eating in it.

So I am still having a hard time getting walter to eat, I tried cup feeding but he just seems not interested, so i tried putting him in a smaller tub with a vine and put some crickets in with him and he ate only one! thats all he eats is one a day, I have had him since last sunday and he has only eaten about 6 crickets since then, what should I do, is he to little to try some worms or some other bugs???

Maybe he was initially raised on fruit flies and keeps hoping for them. Can you check with his breeder? You may need to get a fruit fly culture going for him.

Have you tried other feeders? I bet some house flies or fruit flies will perk him right up. Some silkies are usually a favorite as well. My veiled's favorite food since he was 1.5 mo ths old is dubia roaches. He will always eat dubia, no matter what. My panther has also recently found his love for dubia and will only eat them at the moment.

:) good luck!

what is your lighting, temperatures and watering system like? All 3 of those can have a big effect on appetite.

For him to be that young and already picky is very odd. Maybe he was sick when you got him. I can't imagine the breeder feeding only crickets to newborns as fruitflys are the way to go. IDK :rolleyes:

For him to be that young and already picky is very odd. Maybe he was sick when you got him. I can't imagine the breeder feeding only crickets to newborns as fruitflys are the way to go. IDK :rolleyes:

do you think maybe he should still be eating fruit flies? he is about 2 1/2 in long

House flies, fruit flies, small silkworms, small hornworms, micro super worms, small mealworms, roach nymphs, mantis nymphs, stuff like that. :)

House flies, fruit flies, small silkworms, small hornworms, micro super worms, small mealworms, roach nymphs, mantis nymphs, stuff like that. :)

well looks like I need to get to ordering some, I dont think the store around here has any. oh hey I just remembered in the last bunch of crickets that I got there were a few of these weird looking worm things they are black and have hair or fuzz on them any idea what they could be and if he could eat those??

Have you tried other feeders? I bet some house flies or fruit flies will perk him right up. Some silkies are usually a favorite as well. My veiled's favorite food since he was 1.5 mo ths old is dubia roaches. He will always eat dubia, no matter what. My panther has also recently found his love for dubia and will only eat them at the moment.

:) good luck!

I found the same thing and dubia roaches are easy to breed with no smell and eat anything put in..
As for none feeding.. I'm lucky both mine are pigs when it comes to food..
My males lives to be hand fed and my female likes to hunt her food and fed by hand..

Back
Top Bottom