Staying with black spots

For the past week everytime I enter the room my chameleon is green with black spots. Is this a bad sign? She is still very activate, hydrated, and eating like normal

Attachments

• B4149179-4345-4329-A2A3-90C4AE1D1EC1.jpeg
    B4149179-4345-4329-A2A3-90C4AE1D1EC1.jpeg
    242.9 KB · Views: 48
She barely started showing this color this week. And no she always moving around the cage
So I’m going to guess she’s reached her sexual maturity and is receptive or well on her way to it. Each chameleon has her own patterns and colors. I have one that pretty much just shows teal and yellow with some light teal dots and my other girl is mostly dark patterns and dots.
Grumpy
14018430-BD8F-44C1-9D44-B35D0239A841.jpeg

Stella
C0F1C047-66F9-4FB6-B8F1-E5AD2EDD2784.jpeg
Also Stella (peeking at a boy)
1E00CB40-760E-4860-BB0E-BAFB4AED9300.jpeg

So I’m going to guess she’s reached her sexual maturity and is receptive or well on her way to it. Each chameleon has her own patterns and colors. I have one that pretty much just shows teal and yellow with some light teal dots and my other girl is mostly dark patterns and dots.
Grumpy
View attachment 312618

Stella
View attachment 312616
Also Stella (peeking at a boy)
View attachment 312619
Omgoodness your chams are so beautiful. Lol I love seeing them. ♡

She just tore up 6 six super worms
She's so cute!! I agree with Skittles. Might just be her colors, there will be more ♡ hopefully you have a lay bin in your enclosure :)

Also I know this is not about your husbandry but the net she is on is not really recommended for chameleons cause they could pull out their nails on it. Just a tip. ♡

You need to watch how much you're feeding her...especially when it comes to things like wax worms, that are quite fatty, or you will put her in the position of producing a large clutch, possibly developing follicular stasis, dystocia, MBD, prolapsing, etc.

How old is she now? About 6 months?
You definitely need to have n egglaying bin in there all the time too.

Roughly 6 months. And I no longer give her wax worms she was not digesting them right and was causing her to have diarrhea. She eats large crickets, Dubai roaches, super worms, and moths. The laying bin will be placed in there tomorrow

When they're young you can feed them quite a lot because they are growing but if you continue doing it with the female veileds as they reach maturity, she will almost certainly end up with the problem I listed in my previous post. It's a major problem with veiled females and some other species.

Back
Top Bottom