Starting dubia colony?

toeknees96

I have a almost year old female jackson chameleon. I give her gutloaded crickets (I buy 50 every two weeks or less) but was thinking of starting a colony. But then I think, I just have her to eat them and I'm sure they'll multiple faster than she can eat em. Would it be worth it or is it overkill?

I have a almost year old female jackson chameleon. I give her gutloaded crickets (I buy 50 every two weeks or less) but was thinking of starting a colony. But then I think, I just have her to eat them and I'm sure they'll multiple faster than she can eat em. Would it be worth it or is it overkill?
Trust me you’ll have more roaches than you can feed off they breed…well like roaches it’s super easy the only thing is it takes time before they establish it’s as easy as getting a sterilite bin cutting a whole and replacing it with screen on top of the lid and having toilet rolls or egg crate cartons and just having a bowl with your scrap fruits and veggies I also add repashy bug burger and then just feed them every once in a while clean weekly clean the dead bugs out and you can also add dermestic Beatles to help clean and keep them warm I have a small colony to feed all my reptiles and it’s incredible

I’m in the same boat, I only have one adult male Jackson’s and I have thought about starting a colony but I’m afraid I’d have more than he could possible eat.

Back
Top Bottom