spinosus

J Did you coat the branches in anything to promote moss/lichen growth? I've heard about a strange mix containing yogurt that you can make that will accelerate the moss growth in tropical terrariums.

no I only collected the branches from a small forest 100meters from my house...
I have never tried the yogurt trick but I´m sure it works.

a "healthy" chamaeleon is an inviceble chamaleon

Hey Casper,
great works your with Spinosum, congratz!

OT. Last classification's name is Spinosus or Spinosum?

This morning when I came out to see to my spinosus. one of the males was busy chasing a female from one end of the terrarium to the other ... and back again.
The hunt went on for 35minnutter after my arrival.
During the 35min. there were several “breaks” where the male clung to the female's tail so that she could not escape.
after the 35 min. it seemed like he mend it was time to "climb" her, it happened without any drama, there was contact in approx. 7 min.
after he crawled down from her back he still held firmly on to her tail, but it only lasted for a few minutes then she ran of

I did not see what had happened prior to the hunt like possible. colour change or nodding their heads

IMG_4421.jpg

(it was allmost impossible to take pictures of them in the act)

during the whole process the female had what I would describe as stressfull colors
while the male had the finest green colors but in different shades

spinosus1.jpg

a little update... lots of pictures

my group of 3.3 is doing really good.
They are marsters of disguises actually it´s only two too four times a week I see each indivedual if I´m lucky:D
(except two individuals they are almost visual every day).
in about a month ago I found the first baby that was incubated in the("big") terrarium and in the last five days I have found 3 new babies in the same terrarium so now I my group is 3.3.4:)
so I had to come up with a panic solution for a baby terrarium (a modified aquarium with net on top)

IMG_4650.jpg
If you look real hard you can see a baby silhouette in the right top

I keep all of them in the same room and the day temp. is from 18-23 degrees Celsius and night temp is 8-15(but some days are warmer and some are colder) I give them minimum one minute of rain two times every day (some days/weeks I give them much more and more often)
and their light is three tubelight one 10.0 uv tube and one warmwhite and one coldwhite and then there is a 50w spot in each terrrarium.
The length of the day is 12 hours

here is a peek inside the big terrarium. 80% of the moss on the branches are dead but the 20% that is left has began to spread both on the ground and on the branches, most of the lichen is still alive and the plants are growing with the same range as Dubai city:rolleyes:
IMG_4629.jpg

IMG_4636.jpg

IMG_4637.jpg

IMG_4638.jpg

herre is a few shots of the adults
spinfem.jpg

female

IMG_4673.jpg

female & male

spimfe.jpg

female. she was really hard too see with the bare eye

IMG_4613.jpg

here is my oldest male
IMG_4676.jpg

... he is the farther of the babies

and now for the babies (or the two I could see today)
spinunge.jpg

this one is one day old
spinkon.jpg

this one is one month old

Very nice almost the same setup as my terraria!
They look very good.
If I find the time I will post a update from my breeding groups.

Back
Top Bottom