Spiders! Spiders! Spiders!

Julirs

This is not a battle I am going to win. :(

Living in Florida makes is darn buggy anyways, but now I just have a major infestation of spiders. Of course I know that as long as there are crickets there will be spiders, but when you see a webbed up 2.5" roach, you have to wonder how big the spider was that feasted on it! And yes, the happy well fed spiders are breeding! :eek: There is nothing quite like watching TV in the dark at night and watching a spiderling descending in front of your eyes from your bangs! I am thinking about just opening up for Halloween and charging admission. I could just not vacuum for a week and it gets darn webby in here! Just whining :mad:, thanks for listening.

with you on the spiders hate em hate em hate em just something about bugs in this case arachnids that are covered in hair that makes me skin crawl mate

I think it's wonderful that you have all of this volunteer help to control escaped feeders!:eek:
I have them too (not like you!) and I don't mind at all.

-Brad

im interested in tarantulas, but spiders like wolf spiders, and brown recluse scare the s**t out of me.

Spiders are very much a beneficial insect. I usher most of the large wolf spiders that accidentally find themselves in my house to the outside, carefully (they're non-aggressive, but their bite does hurt if you provoke). But I like to keep at least one in the repitle room, to capture any escaped crickets. And recently I accidentally dumped a lot of roach nyphms, which went everywhere. So after that I've tried to keep even more spiders in the house. Wolf spiders dont make too much web, so the only clean-up necessary are the sucked dry carcases.

spider, eh?
too bad, I can't really use the method.
The only spiders that keep coming to my backyard are black widows.
scared the heck out of me when i'm about to carry the hibiscus plant to my cham's cage to find one black widow perching on the flower.
:eek:

Back
Top Bottom