Spider mites

Jpeff

Chameleon Enthusiast
So I'm setting up bioactive. There are no plants just dirt and leaf litter. I bought Springtale at show and sure that's where they came from. How do I get red of them or should I just throw all away and restart. I can't have spidermites in house. Can I spray with anything there no cham or plants in the two cages. Won't be for about three weeks

There was little web only one on ground where I dumped them. Two cages over I have a full planted cage with no sign of web. So if they are mites Springtales will eat eggs and they should die off. Was planning on getting more from Josh frogs if they have in stock

There was little web only one on ground where I dumped them. Two cages over I have a full planted cage with no sign of web. So if they are mites Springtales will eat eggs and they should die off. Was planning on getting more from Josh frogs if they have in stock
Spider mites don't make webs. They will just look like tiny red specs. They also do not affect chameleons. And yes from what I understand the springtails will eat the eggs. I am running many Bio tanks with snakes and have had no issues, though I do live in Oregon.

Casque think you mite😅 have them confused. Spider mites do spin webs, but the thing is, they live off plants and are plant pests. They wouldn't just be walking around the house. There are many types of detrivore mites, that could be what you're seeing. They're harmless and would not survive outside of their habitat(moist, nutrient rich places like old food, soil, etc)

Casque think you mite😅 have them confused. Spider mites do spin webs, but the thing is, they live off plants and are plant pests. They wouldn't just be walking around the house. There are many types of detrivore mites, that could be what you're seeing. They're harmless and would not survive outside of their habitat(moist, nutrient rich places like old food, soil, etc)
Ok yes confused Lol. I was thinking of snake mites. Those are the only ones I worry about.

So I'm setting up bioactive. There are no plants just dirt and leaf litter. I bought Springtale at show and sure that's where they came from. How do I get red of them or should I just throw all away and restart. I can't have spidermites in house. Can I spray with anything there no cham or plants in the two cages. Won't be for about three weeks
Spider mites can be airborne, so it may be coincidental.
That aside, they can be gotten rid of (I just got rid of some in another area).
getting rid of spider mites

I used alcohol (91%) because it doesn't leave residues like detergents/soaps, and we have a ton of it from the pandemic when all the hand sanitizer disappeared. 🤷‍♂️

Could also be grain mites that came in with springtails. I had to throw out a couple super worm colonies because of grain mites. Are they white?

Back
Top Bottom