Spaghetti’s new enclosure

Gloriawood

Chameleon Enthusiast
So Spaghetti’s big boy enclosure finally came in! Seeing the size difference in his new one vs his old one blew my mind! I got all his branches and vines in yesterday and I’ll be putting in plants today. Hopefully I’ll get him in his new home today or tomorrow!

Attachments

• IMG_8148.jpeg
    IMG_8148.jpeg
    224 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_8147.jpeg
    IMG_8147.jpeg
    224.1 KB · Views: 42
Awesome! Yay! 😃 It’s amazing the size difference between enclosures and I don’t think it’s fully appreciated until seen. Spaghetti should be thrilled to have so much more space to patrol. Hope you’ll share some pics when it’s all done.

Just note with a Veiled you do not want any fake plants inside the cage. You can hang them on the outside to provide cover. But these are an impaction risk if they eat them.

Can you tell me what UVB bulb strength you are using and what is the heat bulb wattage? What are your distances for both of these from the bottom of the fixtures to the branches below them?

Just note with a Veiled you do not want any fake plants inside the cage. You can hang them on the outside to provide cover. But these are an impaction risk if they eat them.

Can you tell me what UVB bulb strength you are using and what is the heat bulb wattage? What are your distances for both of these from the bottom of the fixtures to the branches below them?
I am planning on replacing the fake plants as soon as I can. He’s never had anything but fake ones until I got him and he’s never shown any interest in eating them. I thought they might be ok until I can replace them. Do you think I should still remove them?

The uvb is reptisun 5.0 and the heat is a 60 watt. I have a plant bulb in the other dome light. The branches are between 7-8 inches below the light.

Dang! Your eyes are so sharp! Even with my old lady glasses I can’t see as well as you. 😄

Hi also make sure your plants are safe for veileds, as they are plant eaters , he may not have taken any interest in the fake ones but that could change will real ones .

Hi also make sure your plants are safe for veileds, as they are plant eaters , he may not have taken any interest in the fake ones but that could change will real ones .
Yes! I tried to be diligent in my research on those. That’s my biggest issue because in my area we don’t have a huge selection. Hence why he still has some fake ones. He has 3 small pathos in there and Boston ferns on the bottom.

Tradescantia ,wandering jew, inch plant ( all three names but the same plant) is / are deemed safe, and add a nice bit of colour. Also parlour palm a nice plant , In some groups golden pothos is regarded as non safe , ( I have no advice or evidence but just saying)

I am planning on replacing the fake plants as soon as I can. He’s never had anything but fake ones until I got him and he’s never shown any interest in eating them. I thought they might be ok until I can replace them. Do you think I should still remove them?

The uvb is reptisun 5.0 and the heat is a 60 watt. I have a plant bulb in the other dome light. The branches are between 7-8 inches below the light.
I try not to risk anything with a veiled. Impaction is a serious issue if they ingest fake plants. So personally if you need cover remove them and attach to the outside of the cage.

With the UVB you want a measured 8-9 inches between the bottom of the single bulb fixture and the branches below it. This will put the cham in the correct UVB level where they rise up off the branch without being in overexposure levels. I would do the same for the heat fixture. Just to ensure there is not a thermal burn.

I try not to risk anything with a veiled. Impaction is a serious issue if they ingest fake plants. So personally if you need cover remove them and attach to the outside of the cage.

With the UVB you want a measured 8-9 inches between the bottom of the single bulb fixture and the branches below it. This will put the cham in the correct UVB level where they rise up off the branch without being in overexposure levels. I would do the same for the heat fixture. Just to ensure there is not a thermal burn.
Ok I’ll raise his lights about an inch and put those fake plants on the outside ☺️

Back
Top Bottom