Here's some outdoor pics to warm you up

etequsyd.jpg

memysuvy.jpg

ydapytyp.jpg

uvavedaz.jpg

u5umu2ud.jpg

zumahe7y.jpg

yjaje9ab.jpg

The amazing part of this is, I didn't even know I didn't like you, until NOW. How could you? That darling little cham would never want me sitting here getting snow during the day and now it is 4 f outside. Don't you agree, that is just mean? Guess I will go turn on my electric blanket and go to bed. Tell your sweet baby I still love it.:D

TurningDoc, any way you could post some pics of the entire enclosures you keep them in outside in? You are leaving them outside 24/7 correct?

Those cages are outside? Im asking because I see the lights on top...
Those cages also look like they are more for frogs than chameleons. I only see a couple branches in them, maybe Im wrong. Do you let the cages completely dry out before misting again and how many times a day do the misters go on and for how long?

They are under a porch roof, but outside. I have them on rolling carts and roll them out under the sun in good weather. Didn't want them permanently outside as they would get swamped in rainy season. I have about 3-4 crossing manzanita branches and 4 thin reptology vines in each box. They blend in in pics as I also have some encrusting mosses and tillandsias entwined in them. I believe in studying pics of native range these come pretty close. More so than screen and sticks. They seem to love hunting in air plants. Julle and Jurgen also have grasses and mosses in the habitats they have posted.
Mist kings are in series. I have 12 nozzles total 3 per cage ( I have 2 panther cages as well) I adjust for seasonality but in dry season now running 1 1/2 min 3 times a day and all has been well for 3 months now w Bradys.

How about posting some of yours for comparisons?

3 months is nothing. I would be very careful misting them that much every single day, especially in FL where it is already humid. Twice a day is plenty, and just enough to get all the foliage wet. I lost the first pair I ever got from keeping them too humid and misting them too much, they both died from RI. Bradypodion are very susceptible to it.

Here are some of my Bradypodion cages.

bradycg.jpg

bradycage2.jpg

bradycage3.jpg

cage_zps2d6bd358.jpg

What size are your cages? They look about 18" cubes? Also, what is your favorite feeders rotation? I'm finding they love flies. Both Hydei and blue bottles. They practically launch across cages at blue bottles. I am having trouble w getting right size for crix. They also have taken very small baby superworms, but I am always afraid I might put too large of feeders in there.

Back
Top Bottom