Someone grabbed my chameleon by it’s stomach

Bubbaty

Ok, so, I had my nephew over , he is about 5 and I was showing him my veiled chameleon. She is only 4-5 months old. He wanted to see her, and by mistake of course grabbed her by her body. I believe it was pretty firm, but my Cham didn’t seem to hiss, and she seems fine, she is crawling and seems very happy, but I wanted to make sure she was ok and it would not effect her health.

You may see bruising on the cham depening on how hard the child grabbed it. This is why children and chams do not mix... I would avoid future interaction between the two. A small child can easily break a chams ribs by grabbing them around the body.

And you have a chameleon? Do your parents help you with him? Chameleons are so delicate and there’s lots of research to do to make sure you are caring for him correctly. We all are here to help so please come back if you need any help with your chameleon. We will be happy to help with information and Answer any questions we have to make sure your care is on point for him.

Chameleons and most reptiles should never be grabbed at, especially from above. With chameleons you want them to step onto your hand. If I had seriously wanted to hold my chameleon, while putting my left hand in front of and beneath him (like in the video) I’d be moving my right hand around him from the back and slightly above to help guide him to get on my hand.

Back
Top Bottom