Soil mites

DrChesterTheCham

Hey all. So after setting up my new enclosure with all my new plants I've discovered quite a large soil mite infestation in my hibiscus. For starters I'm going to repot and clean all my plants and get some fresh dirt and all the goodies. Just looking for recommendations if theres any natural spray of some sort that will help keep them away in the future that is cham safe. Going to be setting up my new pots with a quick draining soil, a layer of coarse big grain sand and topped with river rock to keep my cham out of the sand. Will gladly take any other advice. Full live enclosure, always seem to be dealing with some kind of bug haha.

Soil mites are often just part of a bioactive enclosure establishing itself. They're harmless detrivores that will settle down once their food supply is gone. Good drainage helps

Soil mites are often just part of a bioactive enclosure establishing itself. They're harmless detrivores that will settle down once their food supply is gone. Good drainage helps

So would they be ok to leave for awhile while they take care of everything? I couldn't find an answer one way or another if they'd bug him any in his cage. If they're not bad for him I wouldnt mind leaving them, but there is ALOT. They're even filling up in my drainage tubs where all my water runs to

So would they be ok to leave for awhile while they take care of everything? I couldn't find an answer one way or another if they'd bug him any in his cage. If they're not bad for him I wouldnt mind leaving them, but there is ALOT. They're even filling up in my drainage tubs where all my water runs to

Yup theyll be fine, I've never had them bother anything other than my snail colony and that was just because they were crawling all over them.

Back
Top Bottom