So many dead bugs! (And live gross ones)

Pearl Fields

Avid Member
So I saw a dead spider and it was pretty gross. It started to literally break apart when I tried to put it in the trash! ? super nasty! Then we keep finding earwigs in the house and silverfish! And to make the bugs-in-the-house thing worse, about 5 small crickets just escaped!!!!! (Well actually I tried to dump them in the feeder run cup but then instead dumped some on the floor)??‍♀️ I don’t want to find a bunch a crickets in the house!!????? more specifically in my room in my closet!

Yup and those escaped crickets made me remember why I take the feeder run cup out of the cage before dumping the crickets in

Yeah! Although I already do have little knots from the soil ? that I don’t want to spray cause Stormy will hunt them down...

(By knots I mean gnats)

Something to note regarding silverfish. They can be a sign of excessive moisture/rot/water damage in the house. They need humidity to survive and will often be found around these areas. They can also just come in if you're in a humid area and have a dampish basement or something. We get them as well occasionally.

Earwigs seem to like to eat dead things and other detritus as far as I know. For the second summer in a row there is a colony of them in my outside feeder bin(conveniently lol). Probably like eating the leftover food I put in their as gutload.

Something to note regarding silverfish. They can be a sign of excessive moisture/rot/water damage in the house. They need humidity to survive and will often be found around these areas. They can also just come in if you're in a humid area and have a dampish basement or something. We get them as well occasionally.
Yep we have a humid house and also water damage. ????

You haven't seen bugs until you drop an open box of 1000 crickets on the floor! :) And just wait until you get an invasion of phorid flies!
Let's hope neither happens to you!
Occupational hazards? :rolleyes:

I couldn't decide which kind of "like" to click—they all seem to apply in one way or another... ?

Back
Top Bottom