So I lost my chameleon named chamo this is my first time loosing a reptile pal

ChillinChamo

I greatly miss him and i have had him for 2 years and it really hit me but i am trying to look on the good side and all my family and friends are very supportive

So sorry for your loss. Was it a veiled? I'm sure you will keep him in your heart and memory. I still remember my first on and it's been over 30 years since I had her.

I greatly miss him and i have had him for 2 years and it really hit me but i am trying to look on the good side and all my family and friends are very supportive
I'm so very sorry for your loss. I understand what you're going through right now, my first reptile also recently passed away. Losing a pet is never easy because they quickly become like family to us. Even though Chamo is no longer with you, I'm sure he'll live on in the happy memories you've made with him. Sending you love 💚

I'm so sorry, you kind caretaker. You're doing the right thing by looking on the good side as you said. Yet nothing can tug at your heart more deeply than losing a cham. We ALL like to laud our husbandry, think we know what we're doing, think we have answers to issues, believe we know how to recognize problems... but ya know, my friend, every single situation is different. I just lost a BFF cham and I keep blaming myself over and over again--but I know it wasn't me, Gary was my third cham served daily with high hydration, spray, fog. I had a screen cage "they" recommend, yet there's no way to get the humidity like we need for our cham-babies with those screen walls.
It's simply like trying to raise a GOLDFISH in a bowl of SAND. If more folks knew that Chams weren't a beginner's pet, the stores would sell fewer, maybe none altogether, and heart breaks like you and I are suffering from would altogether just be gone. Buy from breeders--they add teaching and info. Retail stores are like the blind leading the, often, blind. No good answer here.
But I send you my heart so both of us together can mourn with much love for our cham babies--and I'm sorry you feel so sad. My Gary is ashes in a tiny carved box for all time. I recommend this if your bond was strong, nothing weird about it. It's how many of us get by with our dogs, cats, ferrets, bunnies, and CHAMS. Sending kind wishes your way Chillinchamo.
Kate

Back
Top Bottom