So..I just hit a pedestrian with my mother-in-law's car

MollyT

Yeah. Worst. Morning. EVER!! :( I was turning left onto another road and had a green light. He MUST have been standing in the middle of the road, bc my husband and I were both looking and neither one of us saw him. There was a car stopped at the light and we honestly think he was talking to them and perhaps they pushed him in our path, bc as soon as it happend, they TORE off out of there! :eek: The sideview mirror is the only thing that hit him, and we weren't going very fast, since I had been stopped and had just started going again to turn. He said his ribs hurt(which I'm sure they did). I was so shaken up I nearly vomited. It happened nearly 2 hours ago and I'm still shaking. The man refused medical treatment. Said he will probably go to the hospital later. An hour after, though, we saw him walking around just fine, talking and laughing it up with people, so I don't think he was as hurt as he claimed to be when the cops were there. It was the most terrifying thing that has ever happened to me, and I really am a good driver! I've always been very careful and alert when driving. I just can't believe it happened...and in my mil's car to top it all off!! It knocked off her side mirror. She is going to KILL me!! I'm terrified to tell her! I know it could have been worse, but I'm still just so upset and depressed and scared and guilt-ridden. I just can't believe it!

Omg!! I'm so sorry!!! Did he get xrays and such?? Oh Molly I'm so sorry! I'm glad you are okay though! Hopefully your mil will understand!!

Well, my mil freaked out. We have been staying here for a few months and she gave us out own keys to her van to use when we needed. We have our own car, but sometimes we would need hers if we were out of gas or something. Anyways...now she is saying she is going to say we stole her car. She is truly an evil person. I told her I wanted to pay the difference in her insurance and pay to get the mirror fixed. That is all I can do, and if I do those things, I really don't see how it would have any affect on her. So....this is what I'm dealing with. Lovely! :(:rolleyes::mad:

Well, my mil freaked out. We have been staying here for a few months and she gave us out own keys to her van to use when we needed. We have our own car, but sometimes we would need hers if we were out of gas or something. Anyways...now she is saying she is going to say we stole her car. She is truly an evil person. I told her I wanted to pay the difference in her insurance and pay to get the mirror fixed. That is all I can do, and if I do those things, I really don't see how it would have any affect on her. So....this is what I'm dealing with. Lovely! :(:rolleyes::mad:

Wow! What a........ :mad: She can't really do that. Especially not if your hubby stands with you. People really don't make any sense to me. She should be grateful that nobody was hurt (seriously) It's a mirror. My mom broke mine off and we were able to fix it for $60 by ourselves.

I'm sorry she is being a boob....

Back
Top Bottom