Small Live Plants For A Pygmy Enclosure

JackWhiteIII

Hey guys

So I'm wanting to purchase a couple of small live non toxic plants that will fit in a 30x30x30 exo terra for my impending group of pygmy chams.

This will be the first time I will look after live plants so they need to be pretty hardy - i'll be using a repti glo 2.0 over them and aiming for humidity of 70% at room temperature so they must be able to handle that environment.

I've looked about but all I have found are plants that seem to grow to big for that enclosure.

Any ideas?

III

I am using a small Pothos-you can trim them as they grow but they vine and make good climbing spots for the pygs and a small schefflera. I got both at Walmart in 2" pots that I simply changed out the dirt in with organic potting soil. I have never watered either plant,the misting apparently keeps them hydrated. Here is a pic...Schefflera to the left,pothos to the middle, and then some good 'ol fake plants to fill in.
DSCF0025.jpg

Don't be afraid to plant things that could outgrow your tank. You can either trim or replace. Overgrown pothos would be great security for your pygmies. Just keep it trimmed and in the back so you still get a clear look in the front half.

Back
Top Bottom