Sleeping spot early?

Ossian

Hi guys, just a quick question!
My baby veiled chameleon for the last three days has been going to his sleeping spot around 4 hours early? ( lights shut off at 7pm but has been going to chill there at around 3pm) he isn’t sleeping and his eyes are open, he didn’t do this before, any ideas why?
thanks

Thats not early for me. That is about on time. Mine is always at the sleeping spot 2-4 hours early. So when i get home at 3-4pm, hes at his stick, and lights out isnt till after dinner.

Do you have your enclosure by a window where he can see its getting dark outside? Mine ever since with the early sunset and being by the window he goes to sleep earlier. 🤷🏻‍♂️ winter schedule i guess haha

My panther has always headed for his sleeping spot between 3-5 pm He’s always awake when I peak at him with the lights still on

Do you have your enclosure by a window where he can see its getting dark outside? Mine ever since with the early sunset and being by the window he goes to sleep earlier. 🤷🏻‍♂️ winter schedule i guess haha
Mine goes early ever since the time change. They can sense when it is about to get dark and head for the sleeping spot.😴

Funny this came up as I've noticed last several days that my juvi has been doing this of late. As mentioned, I do have him near an exterior windows and perhaps that's the instigating factor. He's so funny though as he tends to extend himself between a cpl branches and I'm thinking there is no way in hell that's comfy. He doesn't ever curl his tail like I see so many pics here.. Perhaps that's an age thing?

Funny this came up as I've noticed last several days that my juvi has been doing this of late. As mentioned, I do have him near an exterior windows and perhaps that's the instigating factor. He's so funny though as he tends to extend himself between a cpl branches and I'm thinking there is no way in hell that's comfy. He doesn't ever curl his tail like I see so many pics here.. Perhaps that's an age thing?
Not really, i had a hatchling before my juvenile and he curled up his tail. My current one sometimes wouldn't if he was in a uncomfortable spot and stretched all over. Maybe offer more vertical branches under leaves and areas that aren't tight.

My 11 month old Jackson does this too. He is near a window and it is dark outside by 430-5 pm now. His lights go out at 630pm he is usually in his sleep spot by 4

Back
Top Bottom