Simba's eating way more!! (Vid of him munching locusts for brekky)

KatCham

Established Member
I keep posting things inside other threads, where they get lost, instead of them being a subject matter of their own! DOH!! (Baby brain LOL)

I'm convinced Simba's new bigger enclosure and higher temps are making him more active, and in turn hungrier! He's eating every other day now instead of once or twice a week!

Was pleased to see his new feeder bottle getting used as it should be this morning!

Simba got really excited when I put his locusts in. Off he went on a half run from basking spot over to the other end of his enclosure to spy what was going on.

Didn't even have time to get any pics or vids of him eating the first one!!!

Got a couple of pics and a cool little vid of him catching a few more though! I've never seen him eat one after the other before!!! LOL
Here's a pic of him eyeing up his brekky:

33d9f2114ff5345a3ea47381861964f5.jpg

And here's the vid of him lapping them up (about 5 mins long if you don't mind watching a cham eat locusts for that long LOL I could watch him do it all day! ;) Excuse b/ground noise, it's just hubby getting ready to leave for work. Gotta love maternity leave - I get to sit in the house all day watching Simba! :D )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSXhjfcg9-Q&feature=player_detailpage

4 out of the 6 down the hatch, then off he went to his basking spot to catch some rays :cool:

a634cdf98ed7375cfc5ccb1b509ecd03.jpg

2e9a0bbeb7972e7b44b886b36cb1a197.jpg

He sat there for about 20 mins before he decided to go back for 2nd helpings.

One of the locusts had got out of the feeder, but he nabbed it anyway! :p (I think it'll be good for him to have to hunt a couple as well as the 'easy pickings')
Then back to the feeder for the last one.
All 6 eaten up so back on his basking branch looking rather black, giving those locusts a good toasting.

What an eventful morning!

Was laughing out loud at him actually...he was back at the feeder looking for more within about 20 mins!!! Had THE most 'mischievous puppy' look about him!!! HAHAHA!!! He kept paying the feeder a visit throughout the day just to make SURE there wasn't any he had missed!!! LOL

Now don't be greedy cheeky boy....you'll be getting ur butterworms tomorrow after your shower!! LOL

I just love that little man!!

Sorry if you're all sick of seeing my posts lately BTW. I'm on maternity now so at home all day every day. Have been really enjoying spending some QT with Simba. Great when you can just relax and let your hobby take over!! Best make the most of it while I still can eh?? LOL

Aw Kat i am happy to hear Simba is getting his act together! Bought time he started eating properly. Spending time with his now it really good, and getting him sorted out makes it even better. The clock is ticking.:D

Aw Kat i am happy to hear Simba is getting his act together! Bought time he started eating properly. Spending time with his now it really good, and getting him sorted out makes it even better. The clock is ticking.:D

Thanks Laurie! I'm so happy he's eating properly. Can get the right vitamins in him now he's reliably eating regularly (fingers crossed it continues)

Still not sure about his eyes. Swelling seems to go up and down throughout the day now. Somtimes they look huge, sometimes they look normal. I've still got no idea!!

Will give it a week on his new feeding/supp. schedule (plus he's shedding so will see if that effects them at all) then make a decision on the vets. He seems brilliant in every other aspect which is why its confusing. Aim is great, drinking fine, well hydrated etc.. The mind boggles!

Love to keep us guessing don't they?!

Oh don't get me started on 'the clock' it's scary!!! LOL Exciting tho!! ;)

Back
Top Bottom