Sick??

ChelseaFC

So my chameleon luchador is acting really weird, he is not very active, and i can just pick him up now with out him getting upset or acting mad(which is extremely bad, he is kinda out of it). He is a male sambava who is around 8 months old. Everything in how it should be temperatures and everything.Though i admit i have not used calcium in a month :(

well the reason i think that there is something wrong is because he has been acting weak, he is shedding and has been for like 3 days, why?

He usually sheds in one day and its really nice and white and just goes off. iT s been a while of him shedding and its like nasty looking and his color is all gone and he looks dehydrated.

If he's dehydrated mist more or set up a dripper and feed hornworms and silk worms more often until he is rehydrated. I would continue to use the dripper regardless though. If he looks sick take him to the vet. As they get older they take longer to shed and sometimes only shed in sections. By making the humidity slightly higher (add a misting) it should help him shed.

Start using the calcium again. Don't want any MBD to set in, he is still growing after all.

In this thread you were asking about supplements...does this mean that you didn't use them before that post??

In this thread you said..."i admit i have not used calcium in a month"...and you said he seems weak....maybe he's developing or already had calcium issues??

Does he hold his body up off the branch? Does he have straight arms and legs with no swellings?

What do you gutload/feed the insects with?

Is the minerall you mentioned in a previous thread I (indoors) or O (outdoors)?

What UVB bulb do you use and when was it changed last? Does the UVB pass through glass or plastic? What is the basking temperature?

The fact that his demeanor has changed to very passive IMHO indicates that there is something wrong and I would recommend that you get him to a vet ASAP.

nevermind he has shed overnight and is back to his normal agressive self and looks healthy. but i will start usuing calcium again

Back
Top Bottom