Sick crickets?!?

xxaprilrose

Established Member
Im really worried now about my chams. This morning my fiance fed them crickets and then mentioned to me how almost all the crickets we bought friday are dead already. so i looked at the crickets and all of them are mushy and gross and have the worst smell i have ever smelled. Now im worried that my chams will be sick because something mustve been wrong with the crickets they were fed. We got them at petco this week when usually we get them at a local exotic petstore so that also has me worried. What should i look out for in my chams to worry about and should i worry at all?

Im really worried now about my chams. This morning my fiance fed them crickets and then mentioned to me how almost all the crickets we bought friday are dead already. so i looked at the crickets and all of them are mushy and gross and have the worst smell i have ever smelled. Now im worried that my chams will be sick because something mustve been wrong with the crickets they were fed. We got them at petco this week when usually we get them at a local exotic petstore so that also has me worried. What should i look out for in my chams to worry about and should i worry at all?
Should be fine IMHO I'm guessing they just died because of their bad genetics living at petco

Petco crickets do die pretty quickly. There is a higher chance of cross contamination with Petco crickets because they will move crickets from one enclosure to another. So at your next wellness check for the chameleons you can get their fecal samples tested.

Ghanns or Josh's Frogs are great mail order cricket options when you need them!

Crickets from any where this can happen. I've ordered ghanns and had time where I only lost maybe 50 out of 1000 Crickets. Then I've had times where I've ordered from them and lost half of them. It's all in how u take care of them for the most part. I've used to use petco Crickets and have yet to test positive for parasites. But I stop screw the Crickets and do mainly roaches now with grasshoppers. No more smell and I don't have to hear the Crickets anymore.

Back
Top Bottom