Showering to help shedding ?

dashboard

I've been reading here on the forums where it's suggested to shower your chameleon, but I'm not really sure what is meant.

Do you mean literally set my shower head to mist, put a tree in my shower, and then put my chameleon on the tree ?

Also, my chameleon is about 10 weeks old, is showering him going to cause any harm ?

Any other tips would be quite helpful.

You got it... Stick it in the shower and let er go... I put mine outside and set up a hose onto them... In the winter that is not so easy... Pick a shower plant, put him onto said plant and turn on some warm water.

Hi Dashboard,
10 weeks is way too young for a Chameleon to endure a real shower from your bathroom shower head!!
I say wait until your Chameleon is at least 6 months old or older before even giving it a real shower. (Obviously, you initially start off with the shower head at a very low intensity and finer mist and observe very carefully how your Chameleon responds to the gush out water out of your shower head hitting him.)
Before he gets that old, use the plant spray bottle on him to water him down. That's my safety recommendation!

Christine

depending on where you live, your municipal supply water may end up drying him even further, it is my opinion that it is better than nothing when your cham is dehydrated, but unless you have softened and r/o water...the chlorates in the water can be detrimental to your chams skin...just my opinion I like to play it safe and where i live there is a s load of chlorine and lime in the water because it comes from the florida aquifer

Back
Top Bottom