Shout out to morifeeders

JuniorC

Avid Member
Just wanna give a shout out to @Spyro I got an order of his silkworms to try for my first time last week although I was hesitant because I read how sanitary and clean you have to be with them or they die off quickly. Well I ordered 100 and still have not had one dead one. And man do they eat! Good thing I have a mulberry tree in my backyard.

I find that if you get silks from a good breeder with a good line, they'll be much more hardy. Ive heard morifeeders is good, as is @snitz427 when she has some available
Yeah that makes a lot of sense. A lot of people on here talk about how fragile they are and what not but mine are doing great!

Yeah I still have them in the same cup they came in. I just clean it out and throw in more mulberry leaves and good to go
You should've seen me running to my backyard before leaving to work this morning to grab leaves to throw in because I forget just how much they eat! Lol

I never had an issue with die offs unless they are in that just hatched to half inch size. I think they are much more fragile at that stage. Which is why I tend to avoid hatching my own now. I have bought from Morifeeders many times and have always been happy.

In my experience feeding fresh leaves makes keeping them easy. Use chew has far more variables such as being too wet, molding, or to dry.

Fresh leaves are the way to go👍🏻

Fresh leaves are great if you have a reliable, clean source. We have had issues in the past from neighboring crop fields being sprayed and worms dying off due to the pesticide contamination. This is why we exclusively use the chow. We have had similar issues buying leaves from folks online.
If you have problems with the chow, reach out to me and I can schedule a video call to walk you through it. I can even mix up a batch for you.
Thanks for the shoutout, posting your positive experience!

Just an update. I've been dealing with some personal problems so have been slacking off with my silks. I've only been putting in fresh leaves before work and before bed. No cleaning in between. This morning I finally cleaned up all the poop and I only had 2 dead ones. I'm sure the fresh mulberry leaves are helping keep them alive but what a good freaking batch from @Spyro

Back
Top Bottom