Should I wait to upgrade my chams enclosure?

BottleOfLotl

Hello, I just got a young veiled chameleon 4 days ago and put him in a 18” by 18” by 30” reptibreeze enclosure that I already had, with the intention of upgrading him to a 2’ by 2’ by 4’ enclosure later. Long story short, I was able to get a good deal on a new enclosure and it will arrive tomorrow. Will it be too much stress on him since I just got him if I put him in a different enclosure?

If it was me, I’d deck out the new enclosure with the proper lighting, plants/branches, and move him in there ASAP. He’s going to need time to get adjusted to the new enclosure but once he’s settled in, he’ll be good to go.

If it was me, I’d deck out the new enclosure with the proper lighting, plants/branches, and move him in there ASAP. He’s going to need time to get adjusted to the new enclosure but once he’s settled in, he’ll be good to go.
Alright awesome. It’ll take me a while to get it assembled and stocked with plants and vines etc. gonna try and find a 3-4 foot money tree to put in there.

Hey there! Yes, get the new enclosure completely set up. If you want us to take a look to see if anything looks like it needs adjustments let us know. Once you are satisfied and it is correct put the cham in the new enclosure. This way he is in the baby cage while your working on making his adult cage perfect. Much less stress for the cham to deal with.

Hey there! Yes, get the new enclosure completely set up. If you want us to take a look to see if anything looks like it needs adjustments let us know. Once you are satisfied and it is correct put the cham in the new enclosure. This way he is in the baby cage while you’re working on making his adult cage perfect. Much less stress for the cham to deal with.
Hey there! Yes, get the new enclosure completely set up. If you want us to take a look to see if anything looks like it needs adjustments let us know. Once you are satisfied and it is correct put the cham in the new enclosure. This way he is in the baby cage while your working on making his adult cage perfect. Much less stress for the cham to deal with.
Sounds good. I think I have enough pretty much everything I need once I get the large enclosure. Picked up 4 pathos and a hibiscus today as well as some more branches and a little climbing net and stick ladder. Hoping to have him in there by Saturday. It’s just a matter of when the enclosure arrives and if I have the time to assemble it today

Attachments

• IMG_7698.jpeg
    IMG_7698.jpeg
    349.4 KB · Views: 37
Sounds good. I think I have enough pretty much everything I need once I get the large enclosure. Picked up 4 pathos and a hibiscus today as well as some more branches and a little climbing net and stick ladder. Hoping to have him in there by Saturday. It’s just a matter of when the enclosure arrives and if I have the time to assemble it today
Hibiscus is beautiful just keep in mind it will require LED lighting for plants or it will not bloom in your enclosure. Sansi or Jungle dawn bar.

Avoid the net and ladder these are not natural gripping surfaces. You want either real branches (not pine or cedar) or you want to use flukers bend a branches.

Hibiscus is beautiful just keep in mind it will require LED lighting for plants or it will not bloom in your enclosure. Sansi or Jungle dawn bar.

Avoid the net and ladder these are not natural gripping surfaces. You want either real branches (not pine or cedar) or you want to use flukers bend a branches.
Gotcha. I’ll give the rope hammock to one of my other critters then I’m sure one of them will enjoy it. Will the hibiscus die without LED or just not bloom?

Hey there! Yes, get the new enclosure completely set up. If you want us to take a look to see if anything looks like it needs adjustments let us know. Once you are satisfied and it is correct put the cham in the new enclosure. This way he is in the baby cage while you’re working on making his adult cage perfect. Much less stress for the cham to deal with.
here are the before and after pictures. Had to keep him up a couple hours past his bedtime but I was able to get it up today. Lemme know if there’s any big issues that need fixing

Attachments

• IMG_7635.jpeg
    IMG_7635.jpeg
    226.4 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_7719.jpeg
    IMG_7719.jpeg
    134.1 KB · Views: 34
here are the before and after pictures. Had to keep him up a couple hours past his bedtime but I was able to get it up today. Lemme know if there’s any big issues that need fixing
Are your bendable branches the black coated ones by exoterra? If so you want to replace with flukers bend a branches. The coating on the exoterra vines can easily come off if they rub their face or eyes on them. This becomes a risk for it getting into the eye turrets. You can attach bend a branches to the cage screen as well. Use floral wire but ensure the sharps of the wire ends are on the outside of the cage where he can not get to them.

I would pull out the wood branch ladder... This will just catch fecal and can be an injury risk to toes.

Are your bendable branches the black coated ones by exoterra? If so you want to replace with flukers bend a branches. The coating on the exoterra vines can easily come off if they rub their face or eyes on them. This becomes a risk for it getting into the eye turrets. You can attach bend a branches to the cage screen as well. Use floral wire but ensure the sharps of the wire ends are on the outside of the cage where he can not get to them.

I would pull out the wood branch ladder... This will just catch fecal and can be an injury risk to toes.
Noted. I’ll swap those out thanks

Back
Top Bottom