Shivering/trembling Chameleon?

The linear bulbs cover a larger area so he doesn't have to sit in one small spot to get uvb. He can roam in his enclosure toward the top (where they usually like to hang out unless it's too warm.) And still be absorbing the uvb rays he needs. The compact bulbs are not an efficient source.

Is this what you mean by not efficient? The only difference I'm reading is that the linear bulbs provide more area.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190122-165942_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20190122-165942_Samsung Internet.jpg
    152.6 KB · Views: 60
I'm saying by all the reading and research I've done before I got my boy, the coiled bulbs are a small focused area of uvb vs. the linear which will cover more area so your chameleon will get the uvb they require. I do believe that's what others are also trying to tell you. I'm just curious why you're asking for help, but then when these very experienced people have offered the advice to you based on your information, you just kinda shot them down or rationalized why what you're doing is just fine? If you don't want to take the advice...why ask? I'm just curious. :unsure:Everyone who has offered you advice that you asked for are only focused on making sure your chameleon stays healthy and happy.

I'm saying by all the reading and research I've done before I got my boy, the coiled bulbs are a small focused area of uvb vs. the linear which will cover more area so your chameleon will get the uvb they require. I do believe that's what others are also trying to tell you. I'm just curious why you're asking for help, but then when these very experienced people have offered the advice to you based on your information, you just kinda shot them down or rationalized why what you're doing is just fine? If you don't want to take the advice...why ask? I'm just curious. :unsure:Everyone who has offered you advice that you asked for are only focused on making sure your chameleon stays healthy and happy.
I'm sure all the avid members on this site know what they are talking about, but when the website itself says different info, I just get confused as to what is right here. Im not trying to shoot anybody down but just understand why I am wrong. But now I understand what you and other were trying to say; linear, more area; compact, more direct. And I did get my question answered about the calcium supplements, I know now that is where i went wrong.

I'm sure all the avid members on this site know what they are talking about, but when the website itself says different info, I just get confused as to what is right here. Im not trying to shoot anybody down but just understand why I am wrong. But now I understand what you and other were trying to say; linear, more area; compact, more direct. And I did get my question answered about the calcium supplements, I know now that is where i went wrong.
Ah, I see...I was just curious and I really hope your guy starts feeling better soon. :)(y)

Is this what you mean by not efficient? The only difference I'm reading is that the linear bulbs provide more area.
So this was an area of weakness for me so I started reading a ton on it to get a better understanding and searching out as much info as possible because MBD is not a good thing and not something I want to ever have to deal with. I really like this video because it gives a clearer understanding of compact bulbs vs linear and why compact is not good.

So this was an area of weakness for me so I started reading a ton on it to get a better understanding and searching out as much info as possible because MBD is not a good thing and not something I want to ever have to deal with. I really like this video because it gives a clearer understanding of compact bulbs vs linear and why compact is not good.

Thank you so much for finding that video, you're right, it cleared up on what I should buy next. Ill get one as soon as next paycheck rolls around. Are there any better linear UVB bulbs than the Arcadia that was mentioned in the video?

Thank you so much for finding that video, you're right, it cleared up on what I should buy next. Ill get one as soon as next paycheck rolls around. Are there any better linear UVB bulbs than the Arcadia that was mentioned in the video?
Your welcome it is a bit hard to fully grasp and I loved that the video showed what we can not see. It was on one of the Chameleon Podcasts. Not sure which one. So I personally use Arcadia brand because they last about 12 months. I was told other brands don't last as long. But I know others will have input on brands since everyone has their favorite. But also playing into proper UVB... @Brodybreaux25 is right in needs of proper supplementation and being very cautious of having your lights where your cham can get to them. It is the whole picture of his husbandry that makes for a happy healthy guy.

As for right now, he normally sits close to the optimal "sun area" that the lady in the video mentioned with the compact bulb I have. Not to say that to justify what I got, but he mostly likely does not have MBD at this point. But I now see what @Brodybreaux25 meant when he said the bulb I have is not good for the size cage I have. Sorry to seem rude, I just wasnt understanding correctly. All that said, thank you everyone again for your input, you all have helped me understand a lot more now and I will be purchasing a better UVB bulb soon!

Some people will never understand, or are too stubborn to admit somebody elses advice is better than their own.....the response oh yeah, got it, then 2 months later the cham dies from calcium deficiency, because the bulb wasn't changed.......chameleons need uv light to metabolize calcium

Some people will never understand, or are too stubborn to admit somebody elses advice is better than their own.....the response oh yeah, got it, then 2 months later the cham dies from calcium deficiency, because the bulb wasn't changed.......chameleons need uv light to metabolize calcium
I promise I'm getting a better uvb light.

As for right now, he normally sits close to the optimal "sun area" that the lady in the video mentioned with the compact bulb I have. Not to say that to justify what I got, but he mostly likely does not have MBD at this point. But I now see what @Brodybreaux25 meant when he said the bulb I have is not good for the size cage I have. Sorry to seem rude, I just wasnt understanding correctly. All that said, thank you everyone again for your input, you all have helped me understand a lot more now and I will be purchasing a better UVB bulb soon!
I don’t recall you being rude at any point in this thread, unless I missed it. And even if you were, I’m sure I deserved it. I can be a bit abrasive!

Back
Top Bottom