Shedding

Auriana713

My little kiwi has just started shedding and has been really irritable ever since. I don’t think he’s getting enough hydration. This is my first time having him shed and was wondering if I’m supposed to do anything for him to help or make things go any smoother.

Attachments

• 39A59B7B-D19D-44B6-B89E-E38C82B11B78.jpeg
    39A59B7B-D19D-44B6-B89E-E38C82B11B78.jpeg
    157.7 KB · Views: 64
My little kiwi has just started shedding and has been really irritable ever since. I don’t think he’s getting enough hydration. This is my first time having him shed and was wondering if I’m supposed to do anything for him to help or make things go any smoother.
Hi. Poor guy. Chameleons are dry shedders so the best thing to help him is to do nothing. As long as your husbandry is correct, he shouldn’t have any problems shedding. It can take longer than we expect it to. The only time we intervene is if there is a band of shed stuck on the tail or a leg that is at risk for cutting off circulation and thankfully that doesn’t happen often.

Hi. Poor guy. Chameleons are dry shedders so the best thing to help him is to do nothing. As long as your husbandry is correct, he shouldn’t have any problems shedding. It can take longer than we expect it to. The only time we intervene is if there is a band of shed stuck on the tail or a leg that is at risk for cutting off circulation and thankfully that doesn’t happen often.
Thank you ?

Back
Top Bottom