Shedding?

ReysLizards

So my chameleon Greg has discoloring on his head. It looks like he hasn’t shed his face at all. The rest of his body he just shed a week ago. I just wanna know if this looks like shed or if it’s sign on another problem (I have a separate thread all about his enclosure)

I know he’s stressed in the photo but it’s just his response to my phone in his cage so I could get a picture of him

Attachments

• 9F01D523-B403-4504-BA18-B81FF580A6D3.jpeg
    9F01D523-B403-4504-BA18-B81FF580A6D3.jpeg
    230.6 KB · Views: 97
His humidity is 55% and he does have live plants and has been eating a lot of waxworms and bsf larvae lately due to my pet store being sold out of crickets

Did you make all the changes that you were told about in your other thread? https://www.chameleonforums.com/threads/meet-greg.176915/

55% is a bit too high still... 30-50% max daytime. Waxworms are extremely fatty. Have you thought about ordering feeders?

Coloring looks normal. What do you mean by discoloration? Are his eyes normally pulled in like that or was this just due to you taking the picture?

Did you make all the changes that you were told about in your other thread? https://www.chameleonforums.com/threads/meet-greg.176915/

55% is a bit too high still... 30-50% max daytime. Waxworms are extremely fatty. Have you thought about ordering feeders?

Coloring looks normal. What do you mean by discoloration? Are his eyes normally pulled in like that or was this just due to you taking the picture?

I think the eye thing is due to him trying to puff up because he looks fine normally. I just mean the white around the scales on his crown. It’s been like that for about a month now. And yes I made the changes and I tried to order crickets twice now and they come mostly dead (probably because I live in Florida). I noticed the white after I lowered his humidity like the last thread suggested.

I think the eye thing is due to him trying to puff up because he looks fine normally. I just mean the white around the scales on his crown. It’s been like that for about a month now. And yes I made the changes and I tried to order crickets twice now and they come mostly dead (probably because I live in Florida). I noticed the white after I lowered his humidity like the last thread suggested.

The white is normal. Did you make all the changes to the bulbs your using and to the correction in supplements?

Did you cut the moss off the vines or has he been eating it?

I would suggest ordering from someone closer to you in FL like Lindas gone buggie.

Dumb question, How does one lower ambient humidity?

If you are adding humidity and over shooting you can adjust that. But how would you lower it? Seal the room and run a dehumidifier? Imagine this is an issue for coastal states for at least 90 days out of year, just like the square states have problems with too low of humidity 90 days a year.

Dumb question, How does one lower ambient humidity?

If you are adding humidity and over shooting you can adjust that. But how would you lower it? Seal the room and run a dehumidifier? Imagine this is an issue for coastal states for at least 90 days out of year, just like the square states have problems with too low of humidity 90 days a year.
In their first thread they were misting consistently every hour for a minute. If they reduced as recommended this would lower humidity in the cage.

I do run a dehumidifier and I do not have to seal the room. I run it from 7:30- about 1 or 2 and door is left open. Just to get it from the 70-80% down to 40's.

In their first thread they were misting consistently every hour for a minute. If they reduced as recommended this would lower humidity in the cage.

I do run a dehumidifier and I do not have to seal the room. I run it from 7:30- about 1 or 2 and door is left open. Just to get it from the 70-80% down to 40's.

Nice, i didnt think it could drop it that much. So whats that like draining a gallon a day?

The white is normal. Did you make all the changes to the bulbs your using and to the correction in supplements?

Did you cut the moss off the vines or has he been eating it?

I would suggest ordering from someone closer to you in FL like Lindas gone buggie.

Yes and I currently dust his worms also. Just to make sure he’s getting what he need. I keep the fake plants with the live plants because the limbs of the live plants are not stable enough too hold him but he doesn’t eat the moss because I washed the sticks before putting them in there just to get and extra parts off so nothing comes off them.

I’ll check out that shop

I just worried he may have had stuck shed. Do you know why it turns white like that? It looks so funky

Yes and I currently dust his worms also. Just to make sure he’s getting what he need. I keep the fake plants with the live plants because the limbs of the live plants are not stable enough too hold him but he doesn’t eat the moss because I washed the sticks before putting them in there just to get and extra parts off so nothing comes off them.

I’ll check out that shop

I just worried he may have had stuck shed. Do you know why it turns white like that? It looks so funky
Can you post a recent picture of the enclosure lights down so I can see the set up now? My boy will do the white chalky look prior to a shed usually. But if something else is off in husbandry this could be linked to that. A month is a long period of time to be a shed coming on.

Can you post a recent picture of the enclosure lights down so I can see the set up now? My boy will do the white chalky look prior to a shed usually. But if something else is off in husbandry this could be linked to that. A month is a long period of time to be a shed coming on.

this is the heat bulb I use now (in a dome lamp) And he uses a T8 uvb bar bulb In a hood that is the length of the top of his cage (it has no labels on it so I don’t know the brand. I got it at pet co)

Attachments

• E21D3076-CDCD-48D3-8B4E-9F5EE6E8D55D.jpeg
    E21D3076-CDCD-48D3-8B4E-9F5EE6E8D55D.jpeg
    155.8 KB · Views: 46
this is the heat bulb I use now (in a dome lamp) And he uses a T8 uvb bar bulb In a hood that is the length of the top of his cage (it has no labels on it so I don’t know the brand. I got it at pet co)
Your UVB should say on the bulb if it is a 5.0 or 10.0 This is important because they produce different UVB output and basking distance has to be adjusted accordingly.

Careful with distance to casque with that heat bulb... It is a focused basking bulb.

Back
Top Bottom