How old is he now? Their growth rate starts to slow at the 9 month mark so they won't shed as often. After a year or so they will have more partial sheds and few whole body ones.
He looks dehydrated to me. Dehydration can cause poor sheds. I've had a few imports that were kept in really dry conditions for too long that took a year to shed and many many sheds before the skin started to look good.
He looks dehydrated to me. Dehydration can cause poor sheds. I've had a few imports that were kept in really dry conditions for too long that took a year to shed and many many sheds before the skin started to look good.
Chameleons can drink and still be dehydrated. In fact, if I see mine drinking I assume there is something wrong either with my husbandry (maybe my misting reservoir ran out of water or the animal is unwell). I never see my healthy chameleons drink. Granted, they are a different species but I think most people think chameleons should drink like a mammal. I don't. I think most of their fluids are taken in by dew falling and a high ambient humidity that prevents evaporation during respiration. When I hear that someone says they drink a lot, I think something is wrong.
Please don't think I am dismissing your reply. I have live plants in my setup, and I soak them pretty good. I think the reason I see him drink is because I have him next to my desk, were I am most of the day.