Shedding question about my panther

Nicodemayo

Avid Member
Well oscar will be 7 months old in 3 days or so and hes been having a strange shed lately. Ive had him in the same conditions since i bought him in mid January and he always has had explosive sheds, and they never lasted more than 6 hours. The past 3 days or so hes been shedding and ive been misting him extra, giving him showers, and turning on humidifiers to try to get rid of the skin on his sides. His face, legs, tail, and belly is all done but theres skin starting from his mid body, wrapping over his back, and onto the other side that does not want to come off. Any tips on getting stubborn skin off? What could have triggered such a slow shed?

Let it be. If it doesn't fall off naturally, it won't. You are helping the shed process with humidity, misting, etc already.

$0.02,
V

Yep, the older they get, the less explosive their sheds. My adults shed in sections and sometimes it can take weeks. Just keep the humidity up and don't worry.

Ive noticed this with Louie,its been bout a week and he still has shedding on his spine.

Back
Top Bottom