shedding problem

dectr6

My veiled just completed his third shedding in about 5 weeks. After his secound shedding he retained a some skin on the side of his face just below his casque, I put some mineral oil on it a lightly rubbed but it never came off. After this most recent shed, it still hasn't come off and has become slightly larger. I have kept very humid during his entire shed hoping this would come off. I recently rubbed it with a wet, kind of rough wash cloth. Some of it sloughs off, but not nearly all of it and he was getting REALLY pissed. Any suggestions? Are there any products that may help with this? Thanks for your time. David

Are you supplementing with any preformed Vitamin A?
I use the gelcaps intended for people (lowest IU I can find)
Administer one tiny drop every two weeks by piercing a gelcap and
applying the oil to the back of a silkworm or other feeder that will be consumed quickly, again...just one tiny drop!
This supplementation is for chams that do not have any vertebrates (anoles, pinky mice, etc.) in their regular diet.

-Brad

I am using preformed vitamin a now but what can I do to get these previous spots off? The total size is maybe the area of a dime. This includes another area on top of his head.

Back
Top Bottom