Shedding frequencies

ajs

Avid Member
Marty hasnt shed in probably about 10-11 weeks now. Ive seen that around every 4-8 weeks is normal.

Temperatures are dropping in my area a little (Raleigh, NC) and so the humidity has been dipping as well. Although, I haven't seen it lower than 43% according to my house thermostat and a digital thermometer/hygrometer i have near his enclosure.

I recently moved his enclosure to a different room since we are getting a puppy soon to keep them away from seeing each other. Other than that, everything is the same.

How long have your chams gone in-between shedding sessions? I'm hoping this isn't incredibly abnormal, but figured I'd post here and ask anyway to be safe

My female veiled hasn't shed in over a month (22nd October) As long as your husbandry is In check, you should be okay.

Marty hasnt shed in probably about 10-11 weeks now. Ive seen that around every 4-8 weeks is normal.

Temperatures are dropping in my area a little (Raleigh, NC) and so the humidity has been dipping as well. Although, I haven't seen it lower than 43% according to my house thermostat and a digital thermometer/hygrometer i have near his enclosure.

I recently moved his enclosure to a different room since we are getting a puppy soon to keep them away from seeing each other. Other than that, everything is the same.

How long have your chams gone in-between shedding sessions? I'm hoping this isn't incredibly abnormal, but figured I'd post here and ask anyway to be safe
It is dependent on their growth rate. unless your charting weights to know what weekly gains they are making it is a wait and see thing. Once they hit about 6 months shedding frequency slows because their growth rate is slowing.

It is dependent on their growth rate. unless your charting weights to know what weekly gains they are making it is a wait and see thing. Once they hit about 6 months shedding frequency slows because their growth rate is slowing.

He's just about 1 year old now but I haven't been keeping track of weights - he hasn't looked to have gained or lost a noticeable amount of weight since he was last shedding more frequently as far as I can tell

8Nov2020
20201108_110912.jpg

7Sep2020 (end of most recent shed)
Screenshot_20201125-215033_Gallery.jpg

Last edited:
He's just about 1 year old now but I haven't been keeping track of weights - he hasn't looked to have gained or lost a noticeable amount of weight since he was last shedding more frequently as far as I can tell

8Nov2020
View attachment 283491

7Sep2020 (end of most recent shed)
View attachment 283492
Well he is an adult now... shedding will be much less frequent. He looks fantastic, body is muscular and not showing signs of being over weight. :)

Reactions: ajs
Back
Top Bottom