Shedding behaviors

Beppo

Chameleon Enthusiast
I guess I just wanted to hear other experiences with shedding. I have read a lot of different things, today was the second time Jeb has shed since I have had him. I noticed it starting last night when I got home from work, and then when I got home today he had exploded and was pacing around, hanging from the service door screen and throwing his mitts in the air, is it normal for them to do things like this that in Normal circumstances would cause you to be concerned, I mean don't get me wrong I still am concerned but I think I will be for the rest of his life at this point 🤦‍♀️ any stories or feed back please?

Last edited:
When my girl sheds she sheds in large pieces over a few days to weeks. When she was younger she would shed all at once. Sometimes she wanders around her cage to help get the shed off. Your guy might be doing that

Thank you! It's hard to figure out what behavior is normal or not .. I can't wait to be able to relax knowing everything is on point and my little dudes healthy

I guess I just wanted to hear other experiences with shedding. I have read a lot of different things, today was the second time Jeb has shed since I have had him. I noticed it starting last night when I got home from work, and then when I got home today he had exploded and was pacing around, hanging from the service door screen and throwing his mitts in the air, is it normal for them to do things like this that in Normal circumstances would cause you to be concerned, I mean don't get me wrong I still am concerned but I think I will be for the rest of his life at this point 🤦‍♀️ any stories or feed back please?
Sounds normal to me. My guy gets very uncomfy during a shed. He climbs all around & occasionally rubs his face against a branch. I’m sure it’s an itchy business. And he does these huge wide yawns! All these movements helps loosen the skin so it can eventually flake off. So, I think he is acting normal. Just keep a close eye on him🫶. Also, I heard they sometimes loose their appetite during a shed but I have not experienced that personally. Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom