Sexing 4 month old blue bar ambilobe

Biclops

Hello everyone, I am new to this forum and fairly new to chameleons...though it doesn't really seem that way since I've been researching them for years now. It has been a long time coming but I finally managed to get my first chammy, "BiClops". A blue bar ambilobe. I picked him up at a reptile expo in New Hampshire in April and was told that it was a 2 month old male. I tried pretending to see the tell tale bulge but I just don't think it's there. Also I'm pretty sure some fancy colors should be showing up around now. It's not the worst thing in the world since I was planning on breeding in the future, but for now I just wanted to enjoy some bright colors and it seems like I wont be getting the privilege. I was hoping someone here could give me some confirmation. I apologize for the pictures, they were taken with my phone...though it does have a pretty decent camera, 5mp with flash :) The first two were taken today and the third was taken when I first got him/her. Thank you for your time, I like forward to hearing what you guys have to say.

Attachments

• 2010-06-08 20.37.17.jpg
    2010-06-08 20.37.17.jpg
    248.2 KB · Views: 268
  • 2010-06-08 20.38.04.jpg
    2010-06-08 20.38.04.jpg
    175.5 KB · Views: 311
  • 2010-04-13 17.56.59.jpg
    2010-04-13 17.56.59.jpg
    243.1 KB · Views: 288
Definitely a pretty little girly! Don't worry though, females also show some pretty colors, pinks and oranges and purples, girly colors =D BTW whoever told you she was a he must have been blind if that 3rd pic was taken right when you got her =P It's pretty much a straight edge haha.

Thanks everyone for your unanimous replies...it's nice to have closure :) I don't really mind that she's a girl, all it means is now I get to pick out a boy!! I got her from a company called Reptile Kingdom, "where QUALITY is KING" and that may be true, she is very healthy. However the man who sold her to me wasn't very informative, and seemed too busy to really answer any questions. Fortunately I am fairly well read on chameleons, but he didn't know that and just sold her to me real quickly and I was on my way. That was my first expo and maybe that's just how it goes, but if that was me selling the animals I would at least make sure the person buying them knew what they were doing. I also emailed them asking for a photo of the sire but didn't receive a reply. There was a photo at the expo but I just wanted another look and maybe some info on the bloodline. I thought about trying to contact them again and also inform them of their sexing mistake but I don't know if it's worth it...Thanks again!

If you want a quality GUARANTEE go through one of our site sponsors for your next cham. They have top quality, great prices, and exceptional service.

I just checked these people's site and they don't even say they offer Panthers, and with the amount of other species they carry, it looks like they don't care very much about their Panther breeding projects, if they even have any.

You can do one of two things - you can just keep this adorable little female and eventually get yourself a handsome male from a site sponsor and have a beautiful pair, or you can CALL the breeder you got this one from (I had a similar issue with a breeder at a show who would never answer emails) an ask for a little male instead. However, I almost don't even think it's worth it, just from my experience with people like that.

But she's very cute, and she'll still be lovely shades of pink and peach. :)

Look at Kalsidiscope Chams they have sale running right now on their ambi's. I got my nosy faly from them. very healthy cham and great people to do business with. Theresa's a nice lady. Good luck on the search for a male.

Back
Top Bottom