Sex Furcifer oustaleti

Brautigan

Hello,

I need your help sexing my Furcifer oustaleti. I purchased 2 young, wild caught Furcifer oustaleti nearly one year ago. They were astimated by me and the vendor to be 1.1 but now I fear that I've got 2.0 :eek:

I wanted to start breeding now, so I decided to find out, how the chameleons would react on each other. Last week I put them together in one terrarium and the reaction was: none. None of the two animals reacted on the other. No hissing, no change of colour, nothing. This behaviour didn't change for 2 days, so I seperated the chameleons again and now I'm a bit confused: Do I have two calm boys, two girls or an unwilling couple :confused:

It would be nice, if some of you could help me out with their experience, unfortunately Furcifer oustaleti experts are rare in Germany ;)
I attached 2 photos of each animal: one showing the whole chameleon and one showing a closeup of the tail.

Every comment is appreciated.

Greetings from Berlin
Brautigan

Attachments

• oustaleti1b.JPG
    oustaleti1b.JPG
    238.5 KB · Views: 247
  • oustaleti1c.JPG
    oustaleti1c.JPG
    238.7 KB · Views: 240
  • oustaleti2b.jpg
    oustaleti2b.jpg
    238.6 KB · Views: 297
  • oustaleti2c.jpg
    oustaleti2c.jpg
    243.5 KB · Views: 207
Hi Brautigan,

Yes, you have two male Furcifer oustaleti. They have obvious hemipenal bulges and typical male coloration. Females will lack the bulge all together and are typically green in coloration.

Chris

Hi Chris,

I feared you would say that :eek:

So I have to search for an appropriate female.
Do you have any idea about my males' morph?
According to adcham I would guess Tananarive, but I'm not sure.

Thank you very much for your help!

Brautigan

Back
Top Bottom